Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Something, and not the photos I took, has awakened the cat. Now he's in the middle of a post-nap self-cleaning.

I would submit that the explanation lies in the fact that he knows when he is being discussed and wishes to be awake and alert all the better to keep the exchange 'on message' (which is: "Oh, you are a handsome animal, worthy of worship, just like the hallowed feline ancestors in Ancient Egypt…")

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I would submit that the explanation lies in the fact that he knows when he is being discussed and wishes to be awake and alert all the better to keep the exchange 'on message' (which is: "Oh, you are a handsome animal, worthy of worship, just like the hallowed feline ancestors in Ancient Egypt…")

You may be correct there. He's a very perceptive, astute and intelligent cat, more so than I.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Not actually my pet. She belongs to a neighbour but I'm looking after her for the weekend whilst they are away. She's the lowest voltage dog I've ever come across. I keep wanting to shove a mirror under her nose to make sure she's still alive.
14792912621_fb04f63e62_b.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Not actually my pet. She belongs to a neighbour but I'm looking after her for the weekend whilst they are away. She's the lowest voltage dog I've ever come across. I keep wanting to shove a mirror under her nose to make sure she's still alive.

Lovely picture; while she may be 'low voltage' (better, I would submit, than the reverse), I get the sense that she may be - firstly, comfortable in her skin, (she knows who she is) and secondly, perhaps not in the first flush of mad, dashing, impetuous youth…….

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Lovely picture; while she may be 'low voltage' (better, I would submit, than the reverse), I get the sense that she may be - firstly, comfortable in her skin, (she knows who she is) and secondly, perhaps not in the first flush of mad, dashing, impetuous youth…….

She's about two years old and has been the same ever since I've know her. My dog is the same age and he's still mental. At least he has some character though.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
This is Ed. He's a rescue and is missing his front teeth, so his tongue hangs out every now and then.

BQxyOnSb_RdfISPiURQppxLfo3hYWMt09sFwcRQgRKY

my cat rio used to do that quite often but he had fine teeth.

IMG_0247.jpg

he died just over 5 years ago

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

had three cats and all just moved in with us. the oldest one lived to be over 20 years old and not long after he had died i found the white one outside. the impact he had on the family and rio was amazing. he was so positive and likable and squeezed in just to lay next to rio. then sadly he died in the first week of 2009 and rio barely lasted half a year without him.

i used to take them out for midnight walks for almost an hour. that was fun

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Earlier this morning, while I was sitting outside on the balcony, enjoying a cup of my most favorite, and cherished coffee, I was soaking in the fresh morning air in it's soothing coolness while peering across the way through the fog for the activity of the neighborhood squirrels and birds.

My precious little buddy, Puma, was also enjoying the same, though, minus the coffee.

2014-08-09 08.31.57.jpg

2014-08-09 08.33.02.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
My two, crashed out after a tuna lunch. The guy upstairs has a cat, and it seems to have turned my two into hooligans! I'm guessing his is also an indoor cat like mine, but they sure know he or she is there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 97

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Snakes really freak me out....that guy is HUGE. Just how safe is it to have as a pet?

Haha. It's just the picture. He's still tiny. Less than one pound. I'll put it this way.. I'd be scared for his life if I left him alone with my 5 lb Yorkie. No doubt in my mind my Yorkie could kill him in 30 seconds, easily. He's completely harmless. Even when he's full grown he'll only be about 5 feet long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.