Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
My airport used to work fine when I first got this computer (see sig) but now it doesn't work anymore.

When I connect to my college internet it shows the signal strength and indicates that I am connected however it won't load the page. The blue loading bar on the url goes up a tiny bit and then just stops. I don't get directed to that web page that says 'you are not connected to the internet' it just loads a tiny bit and then stops.

Has anyone else had similar problems or know how to fix this?

Cheers.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
sounds like you need to set proxy access in your web browser to access your Uni internet access

ask your IT department how to connect

or try another browser ???

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
liketom said:
sounds like you need to set proxy access in your web browser to access your Uni internet access

ask your IT department how to connect

or try another browser ???

Good tips. I'll try them out tomorrow. ( I can't believe I didn't try a different browser)

But the thing that worries me is that it was working before and it's not working now.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Melkor said:
Good tips. I'll try them out tomorrow. ( I can't believe I didn't try a different browser)

But the thing that worries me is that it was working before and it's not working now.
arr if it worked before then :

empty your cache on safari - empty cache and reset safari

and try disconnecting from airport and reconnect

works a charm for me when i have internet issues

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
liketom said:
arr if it worked before then :

empty your cache on safari - empty cache and reset safari

and try disconnecting from airport and reconnect

works a charm for me when i have internet issues

good idea. I'll try them as soon as I get the chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.