Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Beats Solo 2

IMG_0289.JPG

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011

How would you rate them as a bluetooth headphone? I'm looking at sets at the moment and having to measure up everything.
The main thing I hated about my old Beats Studio was the bass emphasis. How heavy is it in the mix, and do highs and mids actually exist?

Lugnut2k10

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
How would you rate them as a bluetooth headphone? I'm looking at sets at the moment and having to measure up everything.
The main thing I hated about my old Beats Studio was the bass emphasis. How heavy is it in the mix, and do highs and mids actually exist?

The bass is smoother but the harder the volume the harder the bass.

High and mids are present. And the bluetooth distance is also great, my laptop in the house and just sitting in the garden. (approx. 10 mtrs).

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Bose OE2 on-ear in white. I always wanted them but would not pay their outrageous price. Since they were replaced this year (minor cosmetic changes mostly) there are some good deals to be had. I had Fry's price match for $85 (list $180). Now THAT was a more reasonable price. And they are by far the most comfortable on-ears that I have ever had on.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Thoughts? I've read mostly positive reviews. Considering picking up a pair.

It's my first Beats headphones. Previously I owned a pair of Monster Ntune.

I like them, I am not an audiophile, and they sounds good for my musical tastes (electro, electro house, dubstep, etc.). They look cool, but are less "flashy" than the previous solo (especially the white model), which is nice. Build quality is very good.

But again, I am not an audiophile. They suits me. Try them with your favorite musical style before buying them. Or return them if you are not satisfied.

If you don't like the glossy finish, take a look to the Apple Store, there is an exclusive "mat" finish in white.

(Sorry for english mistakes, I am French)

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
It's my first Beats headphones. Previously I owned a pair of Monster Ntune.

I like them, I am not an audiophile, and they sounds good for my musical tastes (electro, electro house, dubstep, etc.). They look cool, but are less "flashy" than the previous solo (especially the white model), which is nice. Build quality is very good.

But again, I am not an audiophile. They suits me. Try them with your favorite musical style before buying them. Or return them if you are not satisfied.

If you don't like the glossy finish, take a look to the Apple Store, there is an exclusive "mat" finish in white.

(Sorry for english mistakes, I am French)

Thanks for the insight. Your thoughts are pretty much in line with all of the reviews I have been reading - better build quality and MUCH better overall sound quality from the previous Solos. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a deal on the Solo 2's. :)

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Thanks for the insight. Your thoughts are pretty much in line with all of the reviews I have been reading - better build quality and MUCH better overall sound quality from the previous Solos. I'll have to keep my eyes out for a deal on the Solo 2's. :)

i have a pair of the new solo 2's as well, they are much much better then the first generation, the bass isn't as muddy as the first generation, the vocals are much improved, the detail and clarity are much better but you can still hear a difference between the studio 2.0's to the new solo 2's, but I'm thinking about getting rid of mine because I just prefer the studio's...

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
i have a pair of the new solo 2's as well, they are much much better then the first generation, the bass isn't as muddy as the first generation, the vocals are much improved, the detail and clarity are much better but you can still hear a difference between the studio 2.0's to the new solo 2's, but I'm thinking about getting rid of mine because I just prefer the studio's...

Good insight - thanks!

I've thought about the studio's, but I wear mine when working out a lot and I think the studio's would be a bit much to wear to the gym.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I have a pair for every different occasion.

Bose Truesound
Bose IE2
Sleephones
LG Tone+

Attachments

• 71vzJKIns0L._SL1500_.jpg
    71vzJKIns0L._SL1500_.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 51Z7nwmmosL._SL1500_.jpg
    51Z7nwmmosL._SL1500_.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 51ACS8Pp1ZL._SL1500_.jpg
    51ACS8Pp1ZL._SL1500_.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 61iKZlroMgL._SL1500_.jpg
    61iKZlroMgL._SL1500_.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 122

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
How do you like the 'SleepPhones' ?

I love those LG Tone+ !!

I also Love the LG Tones, such great sound for a cheap price.

Sleep phones are ok for what they are for. The sounds is not too incredible and the band can get toasty at times, but if you lay in bed alot and listen to whatever they are great.

I lay on my side a lot and watch movies in bed they are very comfy for that.

s1lv3r

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2010
Germany
Tracks Air by SOL Republic.

I'm pretty satisfied with it. Nice clear sound considering it is a bluetooth headphone. And its damn pretty too.:D

Sol-Republic-Tracks-Air-kit.jpg

asn rsl dly

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2009
SLC
Have a few, each one has a different purpose.

RHA 600i

Bose Over-Ear

Audio Technica ATH M50

Attachments

• rha-ma600i-1.jpg
    rha-ma600i-1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 94
  • bose-ae2-main.jpg
    bose-ae2-main.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 98
  • athm50rd.jpg
    athm50rd.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.