Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

More photos said to be of the iPhone 6's rear shell have been shared by frequent iOS device part leaker Sonny Dickson. The part shown in the photos also appears identical to the rear shell shared by luxury modified iPhone vendor Feld & Volk, hinting that this may be a legitimate component.

sd_iphone6_rear_shell_silver-800x532.jpg

Similar to previous leaks, this newest rear shell shows a number of physical features including a near-all metal design with upper and lower bezels, a cutout for the new round "True Tone" dual-LED flash, and a cutout for the rear camera that may hint at a protruding lens for the device.

Apple is expected to reveal the iPhone 6 at an event on September 9, with a launch likely coming one week after the announcement. It is possible that the company will release the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 first, with the 5.5-inch version seeing a launch later this year or early next year as Apple solves production issues with the larger device. In addition to a bigger screen, both versions of the iPhone 6 will likely incorporate a faster A8 processor, an improved camera with stabilization, and iOS 8.

Article Link: Additional Photos of Purported Silver iPhone 6 Rear Shell Surface

Last edited:

srsub3

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2013
NYC
I hope there will not be any protruding part near the camera... it would be awful!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
why not just make the phone the same thickness as the lens? makes much more sense to me at this time anyway. when camera tech evolves then make it that much smaller...

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
The infamous white bands partially broken off? I really wonder what this is all about.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not liking the shiny back, but I guess its not a huge issue since I'll be slapping a case on that bad Larry

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Guess those thick bands are here to stay! I wonder what the final product will look like then?

ILikeAllOS

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Tampa Bay
How are the white bands chipping off already? Did the guy stab at them with an ice pick before taking the photo?
I hope the production model isn't that fragile! :eek:

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
I think we can safely assume this is going to be the real iPhone we get in September. The only surprise is left for us now are specifically what features we get with the hardware and software that you can't see just from looking at the case

BCWorld

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2011
Atlanta GA
WoW! last year we had a full blown iPhone 5s leak with the gold plated "Elvis Edition"! :eek: This year All we get is a "Rear Shell"? Tim Cook didn't want a DOUBLE DOWN, he Meant TRIPLE DOWN!! Nothing to go on.. I will just wait for Apple. :rolleyes::apple:

slizgi

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
I think I will buy it anyway in space gray/dark version time to move from iP4... BUT! for god sake instead of that ugly camera protrusion, they just should make phone a bit thicker to avoid that and put a slightly bigger battery on it, most users will appreciate that way more than 1 mm thinner phone.

From marketing point of view that protrusion is brilliant and evil move because will force users to buy case or bumper.

And.... if that ugly thick antenna separators will be in final model for me it will means that Johnny can't even do his s*** without S.J. I'm just hoping that they will be barely visible in dark models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.