Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
LOL Windows Phone. The only smartphone platform that our security people have deemed too insecure to allow access via ActiveSync, Microsoft's own product!

I know someone that knows someone else's security people, and they think your security people are wrong ;)

Lets not let any actual facts get in a way of a good story.

jolux

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2014
Especially with the new wearable device, iOS 8 and Yosemite coming out.

New wearable device? WHAT NEW WEARABLE DEVICE? DID I MISS AN ANNOUNCEMENT? WHERE IS IT? WHAT'S IT CALLED? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT

Oh wait no, this is just more baseless speculation, isn't it? Damn, I thought this forum was better than that.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Apple will continue to dominate it.

Probably true in the US.

At the same time, note that the report was mostly about how Android's share had risen, while Apple's share had fallen by the same amount.

What the heck is "Good Technologies" and where are they pulling their numbers from?

Good provides mobile device management and security tools for large companies who want to control internal access.

They've been around for a pretty long time, and were even owned by Motorola for a while between 2006-09, I think.

The activation numbers come from inside the companies who use Good services. As to whether or not this accurately depicts what's actually going on, who knows.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Windows Phone in enterprise sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

----------

And, what market do you want them to analyze, Bosnia? LOL.

When will the silly 'global citizens' get it through their head that the US is and will be the #1 market by a long shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if China were close.

Last edited:

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Considering price and businesses wanting to cut excess expenses in economic hardship, apples figure are very healthy. It's not going to last forever, as the procurement will try the cheaper options like android and find it ok enough for their needs despite apple still being the best choice for enterprise at any price.
What economic hardship? Last I heard most large corporations were posting profits.

I think you have skipped watching the news since 2012.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
New wearable device? WHAT NEW WEARABLE DEVICE? DID I MISS AN ANNOUNCEMENT? WHERE IS IT? WHAT'S IT CALLED? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT NEW APPLE PRODUCT

Oh wait no, this is just more baseless speculation, isn't it? Damn, I thought this forum was better than that.

There have been so many rumors about a wearable device based on the supply chain. It's hard to doubt it with that kind of evidence.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Probably true in the US.

At the same time, note that the report was mostly about how Android's share had risen, while Apple's share had fallen by the same amount.

Good provides mobile device management and security tools for large companies who want to control internal access.

They've been around for a pretty long time, and were even owned by Motorola for a while between 2006-09, I think.

The activation numbers come from inside the companies who use Good services. As to whether or not this accurately depicts what's actually going on, who knows.

I know several companies that have dropped Good in favor of MobileIron in the last 12 months. I'd be curious to see what they report (if they would report their #s) given that their growth has been exponential compared to Good's lately.

Tjex

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2012
With a +5% gain for Android and -5% loss to Apple for this quarter alone, it's only a matter of time before Android will rule the enterprise sector!

Time for Apple to PANIC!! They really need to get it together.

Alenore

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2013
Considering it doesn"t even support Blackberry and Windows Phone has a much better solution from the beginning, these numbers are kinda meaningless, except to say "Android are a bit more present compared to iOS".

Gaspode67

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Oxon, UK
And, what market do you want them to analyze, Bosnia? LOL.

When will the silly 'global citizens' get it through their head that the US is and will be the #1 market by a long shot.

Let's see.

Current US estimated population, 314 Million
Current EU estimated population, 506 Million
Current Indian estimated Population, 1.24 Billion
Current Chinese estimated population, 1.35 Billion

While the US is an important market, it's hardly the #1.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Considering it doesn"t even support Blackberry and Windows Phone has a much better solution from the beginning, these numbers are kinda meaningless, except to say "Android are a bit more present compared to iOS".

Well, Exchange and SCCM/Intune is probably a better solution for iOS and Android as well. I hadn't even heard of this.

Alenore

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2013
Well, Exchange and SCCM/Intune is probably a better solution for iOS and Android as well. I hadn't even heard of this.

True, but Exchange & cie aren't marketed as much for iOS/Android than it is for WP.
I've got to work with BES, Good and FIXMO and everyone in my team wanted to kill themselves when we had to do something on Good :<

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
No doubt Apple will be gaining more ground now until the end of the year with all the new stuff! :eek:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I've got to work with BES, Good and FIXMO and everyone in my team wanted to kill themselves when we had to do something on Good :<

I’m looking at some mobile dev work in the Fed sector (extended an existing solution of ours), and they’re using XenMobile (the Citrix product).

Should I start pulling my hair out now or later? :D

[edit]

FWIW, they’re looking into deploying iPads, and not just for data entry, it would be a very “tablet-centric” solution, really capitalizing on the portability and camera (+GPS data).

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Ever image one day Google will dominate ?

Not a chance.....

the popular one wins, always has, always will.

Tjex

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2012
Ever image one day Google will dominate ?

Not a chance.....

the popular one wins, always has, always will.

You do realize Android stole 5% market share from Apple this quarter alone!!!
This is horrible news, before long Apple is going to be left with 20% and Android 80%. Something must be done!!!

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
What the heck is "Good Technologies" and where are they pulling their numbers from?

They provide the (mediocre at best)* Good for Enterprise email app on my company's iPhones, which are restricted so much that we've had to provide sub-par apps to replicate existing functionality which is blocked. For example, we have an app which allows us to take GPS-tagged photos, add some text, and have it emailed to us as a PDF. It crashes a lot, regularly fails to send the PDF, and forces small photos, which are so grainy that it's difficult to work out what exactly we were trying to record.

If we were allowed to use the standard camera app, and the standard mail app, this process would be much easier and might actually work. As it is, I usually plug the iPhone into my laptop and use Outlook to send the photos.

*with a name like that they're asking for it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.