Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following previous photo sets showing an unfinished 4.7-inch iPhone 6 rear shell and assorted other parts in recent weeks, luxury modified iPhone vendor Feld & Volk [Instagram page] has shared another set of high-quality photos showing parts from the device. While many of the parts have already been seen, this new set provides our best look yet at some of those, as well as a few new ones.

One photo shows the inside of the front panel and display assembly, with some of the components near the top pulled apart to give a good look at how the digitizer/LCD flex cables and earpiece come together with room for the front camera and proximity/ambient light sensors all packed into one small area of the device.

iphone_6_front_panel_detail.jpg
Several other photos also highlight how the edges of the front panel taper. Those tapered edges should sit essentially flush with the edges of the rounded rear shell, providing for a sleek, nearly seamless look and feel for the iPhone 6.

iphone_6_tapered_edge_1.jpg
iphone_6_tapered_edge_2.jpg
Also shown are extreme closeups of the power button and mute switch. The silver metal finish of the power button can be easily seen, and Feld & Volk says the volume buttons will be of very similar design and finish. The design of the mute switch is very different from that seen in other recent iPhones, as the new switch appears to pivot slightly on a pair of internal pins while switches on other recent iPhone models have been of a flat slider type. The design change may be due to the iPhone 6 having rounded sides as opposed to the flat sides seen since the iPhone 4.

iphone_6_power_button.jpg
iPhone 6 power button
iphone_6_mute_switch.jpg
iPhone 6 mute switch
Finally, the set includes a high-quality photo of the SIM card tray, again showing the silver metal finish of the part.

iphone_6_sim_tray.jpg
Apple is expected to introduce the iPhone 6 at a media event on September 9. The device is expected to come in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display sizes, although it is unclear whether they will launch simultaneously or not. The first wave of launches is likely to come a week or two after the event.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Front Panel, Power Button, and Mute Switch Shown in High-Quality Photos

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Looks like the real thing... I guess we'll find out soon! The latest iPhone 6 silver back casing looked pretty cool too. :D

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Looks ridiculous. Apple need to ship some kind of case on it to stop those bits flapping about.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Everything looks so high quality and awesome :D
Is it normal for an Apple logo to be on the ribbon cable like that?

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Looks ridiculous. Apple need to ship some kind of case on it to stop those bits flapping about.

Tell me you are joking? Bits flapping about? You think these things are just going to be thrown on top of each other? Have you ever even seen phone parts before? So many questions I have for you

roow110

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2011
I love that attention to detail Jony is putting into this phone. As Apple switches from the flat edges of the 4s and 5s to the round edges of the 6, they switch from slider to pivot mute switches rotating around the radius of the phones curved edge.

Cali Fornia

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Vienna, Austria
Look at how close the ear piece speaker is to the display, when compared to the iPhone 5s. This clearly means less bezel on top (and most likely also on the bottom).

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
Finally going back to the external antenna! The 90's did it right.

External antenna? Where? btw, you don't need to sign your posts with a D

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the curved edge of the screen. I'm buying one regardless, but still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.