Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stayfly2407

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
VA
I usually preorder, but can't this year. I m buying outright with verizon, guess I'll be lining up early

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I'll sit at home and wait for it to come to me this year. I don't mind having to wait a week or so longer to get one. :cool:

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
I would wait in line for it 'cause i think it's fun to do it once but the nearest apple store is 2 hours away so screw that, I'm buying it online.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I've done the line before.. just to try it out. I prefer waiting for Fedex in the comfort of my home :D

However, if for some reason there is no pre-order.. I'll be there at 5am ;)

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Patience. To hell with lines. Why would I stand or sit on concrete for hours for a phone? I will wait till they are readily available, then just go and quickly get one.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I'll be awake on Friday the 12th at 12:01am looking at this screen from my computer:

iPadStore.0.030712.png

Then I'll fall asleep, wake up at 6 am and be able able to place my order.

Happens every year of preorders. :D:apple:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'll be awake on Friday the 12th at 12:01am looking at this screen from my computer:

Then I'll fall asleep, wake up at 6 am and be able able to place my order.

Happens every year of preorders. :D:apple:

with like a 2-3 day later estimated delivery time than the 12:01am people who sit on here and rub it in your face...

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I haven't got an iPhone since the 5 and for that one I just walked into my local apple store around 10am and was able to snatch one. You guys think it'll be harder this year around?

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
with like a 2-3 day later estimated delivery time than the 12:01am people who sit on here and rub it in your face...

That's never happened to me. I have always been able to get a launch iPhone until about Noon... and the last couple of times the ship dates didn't slip until after a full day of preordering.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Never understood the reasoning behind lining up to get an iPhone or any gadget for that matter. You could easily just order it from the comfort of your own home and atleast know that you're gonna get a phone and it be the color and size that you want, as opposed to lining up and hoping that A) they have iPhones left and B) have the size and storage that you want. Maybe it's just me lol

----------

I work at Best Buy, in the mobile department and I already know the lines for the iPhone are gonna be insane...just like last year. Gonna have to be up there bright and early lol so yeah I'm gonna just order it online as soon as the online ordering is up and running. Did it last year for the 5S, with absolutely no problems. Got the phone a few days later

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
I will just go into the shop the day before and see what the deal is, will they have them in and how many etc. Ask if they will be able to put one back for me (probably not).

They won't be open before I go to work so I'll probably ring up in my morning break to see if they have any and then sacrifice my lunch break to go get on.

I'll be renewing a contract for mine at a Carphone Warehouse

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
No lining up for me ever. It's just too easy to sit at home and wait for it to be delivered. I'll sheepishly admit that I'll likely work from home on delivery day. (I usually work from home 2 days a week though.)

I just feel bad for the delivery drivers. Have a buddy that works for UPS and he says that iPhone delivery day is 'without a doubt, the most hated day of the year' for UPS and Fed Ex drivers. Even worse than the holidays. He says he gets bogged down all day with people trying to get their package early rather than wait for him to get to their address.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its just a phone, not worth camping and waiting in line for hours on end.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Who plans on lining up or camping this year?

So if they don't do preorders. When does Apple make them available to order online? The last iphone I got at launch was the iPhone 5, and I preordered. I don't know how this non preorder thing goes for Apple. I have done the waiting in line thing, and while it was kind of exciting. I will never do it again.

Last edited:

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I think it was 12:00am (PT) of launch day.

Ok cool thanks. That is what I will be doing if there are no preorders. No thanks on the waiting in line. Plus the nearest Apple store is an hour away. Also I have work, so waiting in line is not an option.

Are you getting the iPhone? I thought you were using an android phone right now.

akhilleus

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
I recall a couple years back when the 5 came out. I worked downtown in a major city and was directly across the street from an Apple Store. The line already started forming around 6pm of the night before launch. I was manager at the time and I was set to close the store that night, and open it up the next morning. By the time I left the store that night at about 10pm, the line stretched to half a block. I laughed and went home, telling them I'd see them in the morning. I went home and slept comfortably in my bed. Rode my bike in in the morning and pulled up in front of my store at about 6:30 AM and the line was now around the block, god knows how long it stretched for. I shook my head and laughed. Once the doors opened, it took a good 2-3 hours for the line to finally die down. There are few things in life I would do such waiting for, and a phone is not one of them.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I honestly hope they do pre-orders with this phone. It would make life for me and I'm sure other people as well easier. I haven't camped out for anything since XBOX 360 in 05 and that was an interesting experience.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Are you getting the iPhone? I thought you were using an android phone right now.
I had a windows phone for a while, but I switched back to the iPhone 5c. I paid full price to keep my subsidy intact. I'm on the fence for the 6, though I do want a larger iPhone. I am liking the 5c, so that is giving me pause for purchasing the new model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.