Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Will this iPad game be better than this?

pokemon-trading-card-game-game-boy.jpg

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Hmmm. Can't help but think that this will hurt your hardware sales Nintendo....

(But whilst you're at it make an Android version pls)

Ozid

macrumors regular
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
This is just Nintendo seeing the success of Hearthstone on the iPad and following suit. Unfortunately for them, Hearthstone is quite possibly the best trading card game out right now, physical or video game. And it's so good it has people who normally wouldn't be interested in trading card games giving it rave reviews.

Edit: that said, if this is the beginning of Pokemon on iOS, I'll be extremely happy when they rerelease pokemon red/blue/yellow on iPhone :D

Last edited:

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
Hmmm. Can't help but think that this will hurt your hardware sales Nintendo....

(But whilst you're at it make an Android version pls)

It's going to be a direct port of the web-based version that (to my knowledge) only works on PC/Mac, and their hardware sales are unaffected by that. It'll help TCG pack sales, as each comes with a code card that unlocks a virtual pack. Basically two packs for one.

KillerTree

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Original:

Charizard (a fire breathing dragon)

Mewtwo (a human experiment gone wrong / master of physic abilities)

Newer:

Garbador (a pile of garbage, literally)

Vanillish (a vanilla ice cream cone)

Chandelure (a chandelier.. if you couldn't tell)

------------------

We all have opinions but.... C'MON!!!!

You can cherry-pick good and bad pokemon from every generation
Original 151:
Jynx1.jpg

100.gif

Newer Pokemon:

image_61314_thumb_wide610.jpg

250px-496Servine.png

WiiDsmKR69

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
ah MacRumors-- the place where men in their mid 20's are bitching about old vs new pokemon... get a gf guys.

Nice..

I am 22, have a fiancé and think Pokemon is freaking awesome .

Just saying :)

I even have a Pokemon tattoo. Of ash and pikachu playing the drums .

Xnator

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
It's difficult to say if the Vita is death or not. It outsells the PS4 in Japan with no problems. Handhelds are just not that populair anymore. Kids these day's just want tablets and smartphones. -,-

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Hopefully the end of nintendo..just make games for ios

I disagree. Nintendo is the only game company that innovates. Sony and Microsoft just replicate Nintendo's systems with higher specs. So I hope Nintendo sticks around to keep on coming up with new ways to play.

On this topic, other companies outside those big three innovate in game hardware, too, IE, Apple, but competition is good. I want Nintendo to stick around, if only for them to have ideas that other companies copy.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
ah MacRumors-- the place where men in their mid 20's are bitching about old vs new pokemon... get a gf guys.

says the 22 y/o w an avatar of a bunch of screenshots of himself :rolleyes:

I was a little older for the Pokemon craze, but like all generations there is that one anime above the rest, mine was DBZ.

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
This was a discussion about handhelds and you're showing graphs for consoles. :confused: Handhelds are a hot item right now, especially for Nintendo. The Vita is doing quite well, also.
I was replying to this:

The dedicated video game industry is on an upslope and incredibly strong right now.
The last gen is still strong and the PS4 is doing OK. The PS Vita? I've seen articles like this ("PSP Almost Matched the Vita's Sales in USA Last Month") for the last 2 years.

Almost 3 years after launch, the PS Vita has sold somewhere between 7 and 9 million units in total, depending on sources (since Sony keeps the exact numbers close to the chest); the PSP sold 80 million units over 9 years.
For comparison, the 3DS -which was launched 6 months earlier than the PS Vita- have sold about 45 million units. I wouldn't say that the Vita is doing "quite well".

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
I disagree. Nintendo is the only game company that innovates. Sony and Microsoft just replicate Nintendo's systems with higher specs. So I hope Nintendo sticks around to keep on coming up with new ways to play.

On this topic, other companies outside those big three innovate in game hardware, too, IE, Apple, but competition is good. I want Nintendo to stick around, if only for them to have ideas that other companies copy.

A lot of people do not want innovation...give me better graphics and quality games.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I was replying to this:

The last gen is still strong and the PS4 is doing OK. The PS Vita? I've seen articles like this ("PSP Almost Matched the Vita's Sales in USA Last Month") for the last 2 years.

Almost 3 years after launch, the PS Vita has sold somewhere between 7 and 9 million units in total, depending on sources (since Sony keeps the exact numbers close to the chest); the PSP sold 80 million units over 9 years.
For comparison, the 3DS -which was launched 6 months earlier than the PS Vita- have sold about 45 million units. I wouldn't say that the Vita is doing "quite well".
I meant Sony handhelds as a whole, but you're correct.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Original:

Charizard (a fire breathing dragon)

Mewtwo (a human experiment gone wrong / master of physic abilities)

Newer:

Garbador (a pile of garbage, literally)

Vanillish (a vanilla ice cream cone)

Chandelure (a chandelier.. if you couldn't tell)

------------------

We all have opinions but.... C'MON!!!!

You can cherry pick all you like. There are good and bad from all generations. All I'm saying is don't dismiss all the newer additions because of a few duds.

----------

Nice..

I am 22, have a fiancé and think Pokemon is freaking awesome .

Just saying :)

I even have a Pokemon tattoo. Of ash and pikachu playing the drums .

That's awesome! I'm going to be getting a Girafarig tattoo soon!

I have a partner of 4 years, it's always funny when peoples' assumptions are incorrect, isn't it!

Khaaaaaaaaaan

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
Madision, WI
Finally!

Oh how I've waited for this day! I can't stand the Flash based version. That thing runs like garbage on my Mac Mini. This is great news. And yes, if this does help bring the Pokemon series of games to the iPad, my kids are going to be stoked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.