Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L T

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2013
UK
GhostStand arrived today:

I had the exact same setup apart from with a 13" MBA. I liked the way it look but couldn't deal with having the screen that far away. Plus I liked to be hands on with the device. So now the keyboard stand and mouse are collecting dust!

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
For the past 6 months or so my 17'' iMac G4 has just been sitting around in my bedroom being a dust collector. I cleaned it out, installed a 250GB HD, installed OS X Leopard and it now runs Spotify and iTunes as a music system in my dinning room, working like a charm. I'm rather pleased with it and the Apple Pro Speakers sound pretty impressive for their age and size.

Man, I freaking love this. lol.

The Guv

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
I've just finished rejigging my setup. We've got a MBP and two minis all connected via gigabit ethernet. I've had to do some serious cat proofing but the little buggers are still eating cables. I've already gone through 5 powerbricks for the MBP.

setup1.jpg

Mini Server - 1.5 Core Solo version upgraded to a 2Ghz C2D, 3Gb RAM and a 250Gb Hitachi HDD running 10.6 Server.

Hanging off the FW400 port is a NewerTech G-Max RAID which stores all our home and business stuff and will be backed up to one of the drives sitting above it. There's also a 720Gb WD drive that's for TM across the network.

The Airport Extreme connects wirelessly and runs the old school Kenwood amp. There's also a big printer/scanner on the filing cabinet that connects via ethernet. The cabling needs another BlueLounge cable box, it's scary how much space cabling takes up!

setup2.jpg

The new 2012 mini is my wife's with her funky keyboard. It's a povo spec 2.5Ghz i5 with 4Gb and 500Gb HDD. I might buy an 8Gb stick for it and leave it at that. She just uses it for finance and word so no reason to go nuts.

I've got a 2010 2.4Ghz C2D MBP 13" in a great little stand. Upgraded with an 120Gb OWC SSD, 500Gb WD Black in the optical bay and 8Gb. Runs faster than a stock base model i7 iMac so I'm just going to hang onto it until it dies.

And over on the far right are the two cord chewing bastards ;)

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
I've just finished rejigging my setup. We've got a MBP and two minis all connected via gigabit ethernet. I've had to do some serious cat proofing but the little buggers are still eating cables. I've already gone through 5 powerbricks for the MBP.

Mini Server - 1.5 Core Solo version upgraded to a 2Ghz C2D, 3Gb RAM and a 250Gb Hitachi HDD running 10.6 Server.

Hanging off the FW400 port is a NewerTech G-Max RAID which stores all our home and business stuff and will be backed up to one of the drives sitting above it. There's also a 720Gb WD drive that's for TM across the network.

The Airport Extreme connects wirelessly and runs the old school Kenwood amp. There's also a big printer/scanner on the filing cabinet that connects via ethernet. The cabling needs another BlueLounge cable box, it's scary how much space cabling takes up!

The new 2012 mini is my wife's with her funky keyboard. It's a povo spec 2.5Ghz i5 with 4Gb and 500Gb HDD. I might buy an 8Gb stick for it and leave it at that. She just uses it for finance and word so no reason to go nuts.

I've got a 2010 2.4Ghz C2D MBP 13" in a great little stand. Upgraded with an 120Gb OWC SSD, 500Gb WD Black in the optical bay and 8Gb. Runs faster than a stock base model i7 iMac so I'm just going to hang onto it until it dies.

And over on the far right are the two cord chewing bastards ;)

You might need proper stands for your monitors

jt.syrja

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2013
Finland
Not much of a change otherwise, but got a G4 cube. Thinking of getting an 2009 mini and using its parts to build a web surfing desktop/file server in the cube outfit..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 663

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Just moved into my new house. Dioder light kit from IKEA, MP 2010 HD7870, 27" ACD. Drobo 5D in the corner next to my cable/adapter/tool bin.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 400

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I like the organizing drawer system. May I ask where'd you get it?

Sears I believe, free on Black Friday about 10 years ago. They are designed to hold nuts, bolts and other misc small hardware (search for hardware organizer)
Here is something similar on amazon: Link

The Guv

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
You might need proper stands for your monitors

Yeah, it's hard to find something that matches at different heights. If you know of anything adjustable and doesn't look like it's made for 4 year olds, let me know!

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I have to say I do like that lockscreen, how do you do that?

Or is it a screensaver?

It's an iOS 7 screensaver I found on 9to5mac a few months back. Can be used with any image. Also slowly pans in and out giving the illusion of movement, much like the parallax feature in iOS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.