Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
What does everyone think of this design? I can't be the only one who thinks this phone is ugly as heck.

I got my cringe when I first saw it. But Im putting it on the poor quality build and the color combination. The roundness gets to me in a bad way, but I think its something that will look better in person than in the images

Last edited:

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
Looks like someone steamrolled over the original iPhone. I'm really digging the design.

Hahahahaha that's an oddly apt way of putting it. Perhaps the horizontal bands on the back were a result of that squishing...

creanium

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Definitely more iPhone 1 than iPhone 3G(S)

iphone-dimensions.jpg

DonRivella

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
Looks alright, no major new design elements, but pleasant enough. I would still like a picture of the back to see if the camera is protruding.

JT24

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
I got my cringe when I first saw it. But Im putting it on the poor quality build and the color combination. The roundness gets to me in a bad way, but I think its something that will look better in person that in the images

I feel the same way about the roundness, to me its just really ugly. I'm also hoping that the one they show is actually beautiful and I'm getting worked up over nothing. That's why I'm really trying to hold judgement until the actual announcement, but these leaks (to me) are ugly. :D:D

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
Scuffgate in 3..2..1..

Other than the scratch-weak metal I really love the design, it's curvy and thin. Goodbye brick-box iPhone 5s ;)

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
reminds me of the original iphone. i remember buying one when it came out in 2007. it was great to get email, visual voicemail and the internet on the go. nothing has changed much since then, actually, besides faster network speed, making the devices smaller or larger, or maybe it's thinner and larger at the same time. gosh. i've since lost that phone. i think it fell out of my pocket. idk. but i am now rolling on an antiquated android phone. again, occasionally being able to connect to the net on the go. same function as it served in 2007.

Titleist

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
This thing is looking better and better. Reminds me a lot of the first gen, which was a very solid design. I'm really hoping they keep this color combo. It'll be like having a vintage/modern iPhone! :apple:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Looks great! I'm looking forward to purchasing one. It looks like the best looking iPhone to date. Great job, Apple!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
Looks like its coming with standard "factory installed" scratches and dings straight from Foxxcon!

(I joke, surely this is some sort of pre-production model)

usamaah

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
Chicago
What's most impressive, and maybe I didn't notice this until now, is that the entire front panel is one large piece of glass, or so it seems.

The Touch ID Home button seems to just pop out from under that panel. It's not like there's a separate bezel that is the "bottom" of the phone, under the screen, like in the 5s. This iPhone (with the screen off) now looks closer to Android phones that have all screen in the front.

EDIT; wait actually all other leaks don't have this front where it's one large glass panel.. so is this what the real iPhone 6 is like or is this a fake? Hmmmm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.