Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy is running a one-day sale on all of its iPad Air models, discounting the prices by $75 across the board. With the discount, the price on the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air is $424.99, down from $499, while the price on the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad Air drops down from $629 to $554.99.

ipadairdeal.jpg
While these aren't the lowest prices that we've ever seen on Apple's iPad Air models, they are the most significant discount that's been offered in the past few months. Best Buy also offers $50 off all iPad models through its educational site, which means students can get an iPad Air for as low as $374.99.

According to our Buyer's Guide, the iPad Air is rated as "Caution" because it's approaching the end of its product cycle. Apple is said to be working on a second-generation iPad Air with Touch ID and an A8 processor that may debut in October. Best Buy's current iPad Air deal is still an excellent way to get an iPad Air at a low price, especially for customers who will not mind the absence of Touch ID.

Best Buy's iPad Air deal is good for one day only and will expire after today.

Article Link: Best Buy Offers One-Day $75 Discount on All iPad Air Models

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Too bad I refuse to shop at bestbuy. They have screwed me over one too many time.

Rather shop at Walmart.

nikko1423

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
Too bad I refuse to shop at bestbuy. They have screwed me over one too many time.

Rather shop at Walmart.

How? if you just walk in there to buy something you know you want to buy, its as normal as any other store

Also, they just got new management like a year/2 ago. Maybe its different now?

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
I keep touching the home button and staring at it waiting for it to open! You get so use to the id on the phone , I wish they had included the Touch ID on the air? Oh and by the way, I got $200 off my iPad Air since I signed a contract and got a phone too!( which they discounted for the holidays ) I will be looking In December again!!!

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Not bad of a discount, but I might just wait till the new iPad's are released.

I bought a Nvidia Shield Tablet for $299 recently, so far happy with it, customized it works like an iPad now and the great thing is it's the fastest tablet out currently..

vVhZWQ.png

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
How? if you just walk in there to buy something you know you want to buy, its as normal as any other store

Also, they just got new management like a year/2 ago. Maybe its different now?

Horrible customer service. Horrible service. Unfriendly. Refusing to return an item with a receipt within return period of an unopened item.

Refusal to price match anyone, even their own website.

Each of my last attempts to go in and buy something was just a bad experience to the point I leave and go some where else. I just don't like BB.

Populism

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I heard the Best Buy CEO interviewed a couple of weeks ago (on NPR, I believe). He commented that all tablet sales are down. Not sure if that is in some way related to this discount.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I heard the Best Buy CEO interviewed a couple of weeks ago (on NPR, I believe). He commented that all tablet sales are down. Not sure if that is in some way related to this discount.

Market is saturated.

IPad Air 2 sales may be disappointing to Apple this fall. Then again they have analysts and probably expect this.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
Market is saturated.

IPad Air 2 sales may be disappointing to Apple this fall. Then again they have analysts and probably expect this.

People, it's all a back to school sales!! Every year it's done and the sale is not all that great? The iPad Air could be a billion dollar device and there still would be a" BACK TO SCHOOL SALES"

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010

I bought a Nvidia Shield Tablet for $299 recently, so far happy with it, customized it works like an iPad now and the great thing is it's the fastest tablet out currently..

Nice! I like the Shield tablet as well. My only gripe is that the controller should have been included at $299. Also I think they should have made a controller like case option. Would make it big to hold but it would have been more integrated. But I can understand why Nvidia did it that way.

----------

Market is saturated.

Agree! I seen the writing on the way when the iPad 3 was not a sellout hit. Next you had all these Chinese people returning them by the cart full when they could not sell them. And finally Apple's decision to release the ipad 4 only months after ipad 3.
And with a larger iPhone coming out many will opt just to keep their old models or sell them. People starting to realize that you can't do serious work on those things.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Market is saturated.

I tend to agree. I have seen several times this year these types of discounts. I purchased my Air back in March from BB with a similar discount. Not only BB but quite a few vendors on Ebay offering similar deals. It's not just Apple. Amazon has been aggressive the entire year discounting their HDX tablets. Samsung tablets as well have quickly been discounted with BB dropping the price of the Galaxy Tab 8.4 from it's regular discounted price of $329 to $279 so you factor full MSRP of $399 and that's $120.

There's quite a few articles stating that tablet sales in general are losing steam as the market becomes saturated. It's good for the consumer as Apple will have to get a little more aggressive in trying to get consumers to upgrade their iPad's.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Market is saturated.

I second this motion. Just too many tablets on the market from a variety of makers. Tablet sales will decline even further as time goes on.

noisycats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
The 'ham. Alabama.

Looks like A decent device, but I want those shadows to die!

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
I keep touching the home button and staring at it waiting for it to open! You get so use to the id on the phone , I wish they had included the Touch ID on the air? Oh and by the way, I got $200 off my iPad Air since I signed a contract and got a phone too!( which they discounted for the holidays ) I will be looking In December again!!!

Ha! I do this so often when I switch between my 5s and work issued iPhone 4.

TouchID is great.

And with the additional functionality in iOS 8 will get even better.

ehz1

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
FL USA
Avoid Best Buy!

May be the last time I ever shop at Best Buy...

I was on the fence about getting the current Air or waiting for the new one. This sale popped up, I had a $10 Certificate and also had my $50 Student discount coupon so I decided it would be worth it for $388 with tax for a 16gb wifi.

Placed my order online, received a confirmation and was excited to pick it up this AM. I never got a confirmation email, then it wouldn't show up in my pending orders. I checked the codes I had and they showed that they were used already so my order went through partially.

I called, spent an hour on the phone... No order in their system, the confirmation number I was given did not exist. I was told it would take 7-10 days for them to re-issue the $10 certificate, no way to tell if they could re-issue the $50 Student discount code and they can't discount or sell Apple products over the phone and may not be able to honor the sale price once they figure out how to re-issue the discount codes.

So, this great deal just ruined any future business I will do with Best Buy. I suggest all beware, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Sounds like everyone is clearing inventory.

I got my iPad Air a few weeks ago with a $50 off sale + another $100 off for using my .edu address.

Quite frankly, I no longer think iPad's are worth $500 anymore. $349 sounds right to me now a days. $499 pricing should be the 64GB model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.