Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
The iPod Touch line is a great source of information on future iPhones.

From general design to protruding camera.

It's almost like they use the Touch as a test bed for ideas before rolling them out to the iPhone a while later.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
iPhone has always, like the Mac's been design masterpieces.

But this is so so so digustingly ugly. That white band. Looks like a Wallmart phone :-( Hope it's a trick or a real bad joke.

Glad I get it for free....

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That protruding camera ring is a big of a turn off. What the hell were they thinking of?

I'm not jazzed up about that. I can see that catching lint and other stuff that ends up in your pocket.

Milese3

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2014
Southampton - United Kingdom
All looking good for the 5.5" iPhone. It sounds like a lot of people dislike the design... But, Apple, like they always do, will make it look sexy. The lines will probally blend with the design to create a sort of seamless design.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
These kinds of things remind me why I hate the mainstream.
I don't wanna sound like a hipster, but seriously why 5.5, who in the damn world has hands that big and can still use their phone with 1 hand. What happened to small and comfortable to use after taking it out of your pocket?

What ever happened to technology having to get smaller and smaller, why are we going in the opposite direction? only to realise later that we want things smaller again because it's all too big.

Maybe that's the reason they release to versions... Many wants big phones. Apple has to follow to sell, to make their shareholders happy :)

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
yea i like iOS but for a 5.5" i would go with a Note 4 because it is more compact for a bigger screen. I hoped Apple will nailed it, but 158mm tall ?????? it's almost the standards for 6" phablets

----------

The 4.7" is ok....i would love for a 134 tall but it's ok

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
yea i like iOS but for a 5.5" i would go with a Note 4 because it is more compact for a bigger screen. I hoped Apple will nailed it, but 158mm tall ?????? it's almost the standards for 6" phablets

----------

The 4.7" is ok....i would love for a 134 tall but it's ok

The note 4 hasn't been released yet and I've not seen any rumors on it, how can you say it will be more compact, or did I miss something about the Note 4?

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Protruding camera, white lines... oh god...

Comparing reasons to call upon a higher power throughout the ages:

3000 BC: "Floods, earthquakes, locusts, famines... oh god..."

1000 AD: "Famines, plagues... oh god..."

1940 AD: "War, holocaust... oh god..."

2014 AD: "Protruding camera, white lines... oh god..."

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Ahahaah it's funny because so many people said it would be impossible, all fake, all coming from goophone and it's there to stay. Face it, this is the iPhone 6

Protruding camera, white lines... oh god...

I hear you, but personally I'll reserve final judgement until I see the finished piece.

newnomad

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2003
How cool would it be if these leaks are from decoy prototypes apple has created to mislead, and the actual iphone design will be something revolutionary different (using the parts we have seen, not the casing).
Like a painted or sintered unibody without any visible gaps, or return to the iphone 4 idea with liquid metal rims and sapphire laminated front and back glass...

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
And thats by far one of the ugliest smartphone I ever seen... That makes it the ugliest iPhone ever. :eek:

Or, or ... apple may have a new trick. They started to copy what the automobile industry does to there prototypes.

I hope this is the case.

While some manufacturers do make incredibly ugly prototypes, read Toyota Supra, most on road prototypes are ugly because they hare designed to hide the design while road testing. I wouldn't put it past apple to drop a few hundred million on fake prototyping.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
The note 4 hasn't been released yet and I've not seen any rumors on it, how can you say it will be more compact, or did I miss something about the Note 4?

Note 3 has the same 5.7" so i don't think they will make it even bigger. But still 158mm vs 152mm

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
wow, this is the ugliest iPhone to day. I cant believe Apple choose to not make the phones 1 mm thicker to avoid the protruding camera. It is not like an additional 1 mm thickness would have any impact on the design, instead they came up with a design that is not only ugly but looks like an afterthought.
I was going to upgrade from my iPhone 5S as I really need a bigger screen, but this design is definitely no very appealing and it will make me think twice before I make a jump and upgrade - all of sudden most android and WP phones do not look half bad compare to this iPhone 6 crap.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
The iPod Touch line is a great source of information on future iPhones.

From general design to protruding camera.

It's almost like they use the Touch as a test bed for ideas before rolling them out to the iPhone a while later.

That's what worries me. The latest iPod touch is probably one of Apple's worst designs in recent memory and it looks a lot like the iPhone design leaks. But hey, no Steve no veto it seems like.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I really hope that camera lens will pop out up to 1mm when you make some optical zoom or something

H.Finch

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2013
Wait until you see the final finished product. Apple will make it sexy. The bands won't be as noticeable.

I really hope you're secretly Jony Ive, because if this gets released as it looks in all the leaks... I fear for Apple... This is their main product. Their bestseller... And if it looks like this... That's not good.

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
just as a reference: That means the 4.7 iPhone is pretty exactly the size of the HTC One M7 (but thinner)

HTC_One_Sense.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.