Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_festival_london_2014-250x129.png
As first reported by The Loop, Apple has announced that it will again be expanding the lineup for this year's iTunes Festival in London to include 19 more acts such as Tony Bennett, Mary J. Blige, Ed Sheeran, and more. The festival's schedule has also been updated to show when artists will perform, as deadmau5 will kick off the show on September 1, which will be followed by Beck and Jenny Lewis the next day. Apple has not yet revealed the lineup for the final day.

Apple announced earlier this month that it would be expanding its original lineup to include acts such as Lenny Kravitz and Foxes. The festival's date was announced last month as Apple revealed that Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, and Calvin Harris would be among the acts performing.

Tickets for the iTunes Festival will be given out through iTunes in a lottery system, and will also be broadcast via the Apple TV, an official iOS app, and through the iTunes desktop application on OS X and Windows.

Earlier this year, Apple held the first annual U.S. iTunes Festival at South by Southwest (SXSW), which featured artists such as Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Keith Urban, and more. The 2013 iTunes Festival in London was held last September and saw shows from Jack Johnson, Justin Timberlake, and Jessie J, who will also be again be performing at this year's iTunes Festival.

Article Link: Apple Once Again Adds to Lineup for 2014 iTunes Festival in London

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
A few years back.. who'd have ever thought.. music would be such an ingrained part of the platform.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I know it's free, so I can't really complain, but this years line up is dreadful.

In past years, they have had at least 1 or 2 decent acts like Sigur Ros and Mogwai to break up the usual chart stuff.

But this year seems very safe.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I know it's free, so I can't really complain, but this years line up is dreadful.

In past years, they have had at least 1 or 2 decent acts like Sigur Ros and Mogwai to break up the usual chart stuff.

Ha !

It's all subjective I suppose. I love Beck,Robert Plant,Blondie and Chrissie Hynde and Ryan Adams.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Ha !

It's all subjective I suppose. I love Beck,Robert Plant,Blondie and Chrissie Hynde and Ryan Adams.

Yeah, I supose you can't please everyone.

I've got an Apple TV, so no doubt i'll watch a couple of sets this year, free gigs in HD are always appreciated! :)

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Maybe Mr. Cook & Eddy Cue meant to say that this is Apple's best lineup in the last 25 years, not pipeline. :p

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Placebo are on the bill again :) That has made my Monday. So long as it doesn't include much from 'Loud Like Love', I'll be very happy.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012

It is bad this year but to be honest there is not that many great albums comming out at this time of year or other artists are touring.
I personly think a band called Alt-J could be one of the bands not announced. This is because there just about to go on a world wide tour a few days after there new album comes out (September 21) and they only announce there concerts at the last minute ( tickets only go on sale a month or two in advance). If you don't know who I'm taking about - this is one of there singles:
http://youtu.be/dCCXq9QB-dQ

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
"The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store."

Alright then Apple.

I'm getting the same message when trying to update the app here as well (minus the UK part of course).

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013

What if I told you that it's subjective? Not everybody is hipster enough to listen to obscure bands.

sobiged

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Artist at Itunes Festival

I would like to see some old school hip-hop acts such A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Run-DMC, LL Cool J, etc... It would be even more awesome if they got Dr. Dre to perform one of the best albums ever made "The Chronic" with all the artist he had on the album!!

----------

The Roots would really be good too!!

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011

You should really add "IMO" or "For me at least..." before writing "...this years lineup is dreadful." It all depends on one's taste, as usual. I personally am excited by all the acts listed, especially the opening acts as I haven't heard of several of them before this. I personally find Sigur Ros meh, but I do like Mogwai. However, Mogwai in concert, I'm not sure if it would be interesting to watch... listen to yes; watch not sure.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nicola Benedetti & Alison Balson on the 28th are welcome additions. Always good to see classical being thrown a bone - especially as I've picked up Nicola's Mastered for iTunes albums up on the store.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
It is bad this year but to be honest there is not that many great albums comming out at this time of year or other artists are touring.
I personly think a band called Alt-J could be one of the bands not announced. This is because there just about to go on a world wide tour a few days after there new album comes out (September 21) and they only announce there concerts at the last minute ( tickets only go on sale a month or two in advance). If you don't know who I'm taking about - this is one of there singles:
http://youtu.be/dCCXq9QB-dQ

I saw Alt-J at Leeds Festival last year, a nice bonus as I'd never heard them before, a good alternative to Eminem who was dire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.