Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In an attempt to garner new users from parent company Apple, Beats Music has launched a contest to coincide with the upcoming London iTunes Festival. Beats Music's #GoWithMe contest is offering 25 Beats Music users in the United States a chance to win two tickets to see one of several musical acts during the festival, with the prize package including airfare to London and hotel accommodation.

Users do not need to pay for Beats Music to enter the contest, but a Beats Music account is required. After signing up for an account, Beats listeners can enter to win tickets to one of five performances by navigating to the artist's page on the Beats Music site: Kiesza, Calvin Harris, Pharrell Williams + Jungle, Maroon 5 + Matthew Koma, and Ed Sheeran + Foy Vance.

beatscontest.jpg
Tickets to the London iTunes Festival traditionally are available for free, but are distributed through iTunes via a lottery system due to extremely high demand. Beats Music will announce the winners of the contest on August 28.

Announced last month, Apple's London iTunes Festival will begin on September 1 and run for 30 nights, with a different musical act performing each night. Announced performers include deadmau5, Pharrell Williams, Maroon 5, Lenny Kravitz, Mary J. Blige, and more. While most performances have been revealed over the last couple of weeks, two performers remain unknown.

Apple has been heavily promoting Beats Music in recent weeks, adding Beats Music to the list of "Apps Made by Apple," encouraging new iOS users to download the app, and sending out emails about Beats Music. The promotions have been somewhat successful, temporarily skyrocketing the Beats Music app to the top 10 free apps chart in the App Store. Beats Music wasn't able to retain its position on the charts, however, and has dropped back down to number 30.

Article Link: Beats Music Launches Promotional iTunes Festival Contest

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Until Beats Music becomes fully integrated into iOS and merges with iTunes Match in someway, it's going to remain a far far far 2nd to Spotify

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks for the reminder to delete my Beats app and recover some GBs of space. After the poor performance (lagging and skipping), seeing the app promoted in various rap videos and the recent Spike Lee "documentary", I decided to go in a different direction. It's also the ugliest Apple app icon IMHO. Imagine all the things that could be done with $3 billion, and the best idea Cook and Co. had was to buy this app along with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine? Give me a break

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
When the beats deal first happened and everyone was whining and complaining about it, I decided to wait and see how they would end up implementing it. Now that it's all said and done, I have to say they did a piss poor job. It's just awkward. Beats and iTunes need to be merged.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
When the beats deal first happened and everyone was whining and complaining about it, I decided to wait and see how they would end up implementing it. Now that it's all said and done, I have to say they did a piss poor job. It's just awkward. Beats and iTunes need to be merged.

They just bought the company. Calm down.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Until Beats Music becomes fully integrated into iOS and merges with iTunes Match in someway, it's going to remain a far far far 2nd to Spotify

Well said why would I want to pay for something that can be fully part of Apple now especially since I really do not care much about Beats.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the reminder to delete my Beats app and recover some GBs of space. After the poor performance (lagging and skipping), seeing the app promoted in various rap videos and the recent Spike Lee "documentary", I decided to go in a different direction. It's also the ugliest Apple app icon IMHO. Imagine all the things that could be done with $3 billion, and the best idea Cook and Co. had was to buy this app along with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine? Give me a break
Boggles the mind. Obviously Iovine is one heck of a huskster and Cook felt the pressure to spend some of Apple's cash to buy "cool".

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Didn't realize I wasn't calm. :rolleyes:

Just stating my opinion. Having the Beats app in the "Apps Made by Apple" section is just weird and confusing to the average person. So much for "just bought the company".

How is that confusing? People who didn't know there was a Beats app before the acquisition don't care and aren't confused. :D

dstankus

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010

Agree. I used both Beats then Spotify for a month and found Spotify much more suited to my needs not to mention much easier to navigate.

YMMV, but until they integrate Beats streaming into the rest of the Apple (iOS and OSX) world, I won't be checking it back out.

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I was very anti the merger. I still wouldn't have done it personally. That being said. Apple thought it a good idea, and I don't have any problem with how they have been implementing the merger.

I actually think it is a cool give away. I might get a beats account, and I might actually win because according to the people on this forum, I might be the only beats customer :rolleyes:

BTW I am a daily spotify user.

WB2Colorado

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Durango, Colorado

Beats has been owned by Apple for less than a month, integration doesn't happen over night. This stuff takes time.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007

And you what do you pretend to know about talents Apple hired with acquisition? For example Ian Rogers is very good addition to Apple.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
Who cares...?

Beats Music sucks. I wish MOG was purchased by someone better.

The removal of Artist Radio means that I wasted $100 on a yearly subscription.

But it will be my last one.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Wheres applescruff with his flip flopper detector??

On topic, this does seem like a stupid promotion to me...it's like they're bribing users to accept beats haha

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
The beats hate is downright scary.:eek:

Not hate by any means. Just disappointment that they bought a great streaming service like MOG and ruined it.

Plus annoyance that I was stupid enough to assume that MOG was simply rolled into Beats, without loss of features, so I paid for a year.

But the more I used Beats, the more I realized how much I miss MOG and how useless Beats is.

No Artist Radio, no desktop app.... What id!ot though that Sentence is a replacement for Artist Radio, anyway?!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.