Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The 2014 NFL football season is upon us, which means it's time again for MR Fantasy Football. I have reactivated the three leagues from last year on ESPN so some of you may have already gotten an email. I need everyone who wants to play again this year to post in their respective league thread to confirm their intention to play again this year. If we have anyone drop out of the league then we will look at new players joining.

This thread will be for the Hardware League and includes the following team owners:

Macrumors Hardware League:

PowerPC Division
HarryPot - ready for the 2014 season
Dontazemebro - ready for the 2014 season
mscriv - ready for the 2014 season
rockyroad55 - ready for the 2014 season
creator2456 - ready for the 2014 season

Intel Division
Peace- ready for the 2014 season
Simon48 - ready for the 2014 season
Dandaman - ready for the 2014 season
The Californian - ready for the 2014 season
jrswizzle - ready for the 2014 season

We will look at draft dates and schedule something soon.

Please ensure that you can access your team at the league ESPN site. If you have any questions or problems let me know. Don't wait until the last minute to check your team and mess up the draft for everyone else. Make sure everything is working as it's supposed to and let me know if something is wrong.

If you are playing in the Mac OS League then please click here for the 2014 season thread.

If you are playing in the Founders League then please click here for the 2014 season thread.

Last edited:

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Draft Time Availability
M-F: 2pm-9pm CDT
S-S: Any

Last edited:

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
What draft time have you considered possible mscriv?

I can any day before Thursday 28 of next week, except Monday 25, when I already have two drafts. :eek:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What draft time have you considered possible mscriv?

I can any day before Thursday 28 of next week, except Monday 25, when I already have two drafts. :eek:

In the past we have generally done weekend drafts to try to accommodate the most people since weeknights can be tough due to work schedules and differing time zones across the country.

We are still waiting on The Californian to check in. Can't draft until we have a full league.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Would anyone in this league consider switching to the Founders League and be available to draft tomorrow afternoon, Sunday, at 2:00 PM Central Standard Time? The reason I'm asking is one player in that league can not make the draft due to a prior commitment and is considering dropping out. If someone would like to trade spots with this team owner then let me know ASAP and we will get everything set up.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Would anyone in this league consider switching to the Founders League and be available to draft tomorrow afternoon, Sunday, at 2:00 PM Central Standard Time? The reason I'm asking is one player in that league can not make the draft due to a prior commitment and is considering dropping out. If someone would like to trade spots with this team owner then let me know ASAP and we will get everything set up.

I will.

It would be an honor.
:p

[edit]

I waited an hour.. It's late for me and that draft is tomorrow.

Consider me not doing it.

[/edit]

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I will.

It would be an honor.
:p

[edit]

I waited an hour.. It's late for me and that draft is tomorrow.

Consider me not doing it.

[/edit]

Thanks Peace. I posted last night and then went straight to bed hoping to get everything worked out this morning. A player from the Mac OS league has agreed to do the switch. Sorry I kept you up late, but I sincerely appreciate your willingness to help out.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Okay, I'm open to ideas about when to have the draft as this is a holiday weekend and thus we might be able to find a time for everyone.

Here's some suggestions...

Friday night - maybe 7:00 or 8:00 PM CST.

Saturday - whatever time the most people could be available.

Sunday - late afternoon or evening.

Monday - maybe in the morning before people start celebrating Labor Day.

Please post your preferences.

Dontazemebro, has voted for Sunday afternoon. If we do Sunday afternoon then the earliest we could start would be 4:00 or 4:30 CST.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
Okay, I'm open to ideas about when to have the draft as this is a holiday weekend and thus we might be able to find a time for everyone.

Dontazemebro, has voted for Sunday afternoon. If we do Sunday afternoon then the earliest we could start would be 4:00 or 4:30 CST.

I'll try and accommodate to the time you guys decide. I'll be on vacations for the weekend, and I can't be sure if I'll have time for the draft, but I'll make my best to be there. Sunday tho is a complete impossible for me, since I'll be on the road/plane most of the day.

Monday in the early morning might be the best time for me.

------------

BTW, can the draft order be defined today/tomorrow? This would help me a little in making my choices for the auto-pick in case I'm not able to make it.

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX

The bolded are my preferences. I could probably do Saturday as well, but Sunday is a no-go for sure.

I'll be in Waco celebrating the start of college football season while my Baylor Bears stomp SMU in our new palace on the Brazos!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The open spot we had in the Hardware League has been filled. Please help me welcome BlizzardNation to MR Fantasy Football. I know he's excited about playing and from what I've heard could be tough competition. :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
BTW, can the draft order be defined today/tomorrow? This would help me a little in making my choices for the auto-pick in case I'm not able to make it.

Ask and you shall receive. :)

Draft Order:
1. Philly Thunder Horses
2. Dez Dispensers
3. Simon48
4. HarryPot
5. Whittier Poets
6. Texas Ground n Pound
7. mscriv
8. SoCal Californians
9. Portlandia
10. Berlin Pretzels

Please post your team name so that we can all know who is who between team name and MR user name. Obviously, if your team name is your MR username then we already know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.