Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
An event JUST for NFC?

I am being sarcastic but seriously, bring more to the table. Old technology is not a 'groundbreaking' feature.

Just because a technology exists doesn't mean it's widespread. Before the iMac, PCs had USB ports but it was extremely hard to find USB keyboards, USB printers and USB scanners. By releasing the iMac, companies were forced to upgrade their peripherals or they were losing part of the market.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
IIRC, event invites usually go out no more than a week ahead of time. Interesting that this one is coming out sooner.

As for the tagline - perhaps it has something to do with Siri? On a wearable? Hmmmm....

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Analysis!
The top of the Apple logo casts a shadow, as if it is higher than the surface. This indicates the similarities to the protruding lens on the iPhone 6, as it'll tower over the flat iPhone surface and cast a shadow.

Also the date is 9.9, turn those around and you get 6.6 = Resulting in two iPhone 6 models. The 4.7'' and 5.5'' model.

chetttos

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2014
That shadow means a clock pointer.

I wish that shadow in the top of the apple, secretly means a clock point for the iWatch.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Well the style of the the date is obviously like a digital clock. No idea about the grey pattern behind though.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Probably someone has already said this in this thread, but I only have a moment and can't read them all.

Wish we could say more... Carrier limits on phone minutes per month? Is Apple about to roll out some sort of 'pure' VOIP network so that we can "say more", so that we can somehow ditch cell minutes? Just a thought.

Feel free to flame, or to say that someone else pointed this out, or to give me Lana Del Rey's phone number.

Lol highly unlikely but that was funny, the lana del rey part

SirLance99

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
WOW! This is such a surprise that this is the day of the announcement. Didn't expect that. Wish I saw some leaks about this date.

TechViking

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2009
Solar powered iWatch with Sapphire screen

Invite image looks like the sun shining down on Apple. Solar powered iWatch with Sapphire screen? That would be a great feature! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.