Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
This is the first rumor that's ever impressed me in 8 years on this website.

Well done, MacRumors. :cool:

Zwopple

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2008
Would be pretty epic if they pulled a fast one and introduced a product none of us even thought was coming...

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
iWatch, new iPhones, maybe new macs and continuity/homekit/healthkit at play.

This is gonna be sweet.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Aside from the new iPhone and possible iWatch (both of which I'm ecstatic for), I'd like to see:
  • Refreshed AppleTV
  • Refreshed Mac Mini
  • Refreshed Thunderbolt display
But who knows what this crazy structure could be!

I think all of these will be silent updates. If they are really going to present both iPhone 6 and iWatch, then it will already be difficult to squeeze that into two hours.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
It is the iPhone 6, people said they wanted a bigger iPhone so Apple has went huge on us.

Your move Samsung.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
It's a freakin spaceship. Calling it now.

All our iShips will communicate via satellite to the mother ship a/k/a Apple's new campus.

apple-Campus-2.png

:apple:

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
That's a good sign.
Coincidentally, I was just at the De Anza college few weeks back.
Since they are taking this to a completely different site than the usual ones, I expect this to be indeed huge event.

Bobtodd

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Steve is going to announce the new iPhone with a previously shot announcement video.

johnnyenv

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Maybe Apple are just building an empty shed just to see if Samsung will build a bigger one before September 9th?

Scallylad91

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2014
Wouldn't it be funny

Wouldn't it be funny if the announce something which the press never even knew about such as a car lol :rolleyes:

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Its going to be a a fake home to show off the home automation features of iOS8/the watch

Dude, can you imagine Cook, Schiller, Cue, Federighi, etc. taking you through each room of a model home and showing off all the iPhone/iWatch integrated features with everyday devices and equipment? Kitchen, home gym… How about the long rumored iTV in the freaking lving room???

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 166

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
Second idea is maybe a basketball court. Remember Kobe Bryant showing up at Apple headquarters? Partnership with Nike for HealthKit?

It would be very un-Apple though, because they are very religious about planning their presentations. Adding some kind of "sporting event" would add a level of unplannability that would make them extremely nervous.

I actually believe that the idea with the fake home is a pretty good guess. I can imagine Cook or Schiller entering the living room and the lights turn on. Then they go into the kitchen, and the lights follow them. Something like that.

That, or it's a huge Steve Jobs statue of him as a Buddha.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
I wonder if they'll present the keynote as a musical? That would be different.

I hope so, I like Tim and I think the criticism he gets is undeserved.
It's impossible to ask anyone to be the next Jobs or replicate him. Nobody will ever be like him. The guy was just one of a kind.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Maybe Apple are just building an empty shed just to see if Samsung will build a bigger one before September 9th

Bahahah hilarious. Of course if samsung does that, we'll see Samsung users saying "apple didn't invent the shed, ok???"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.