Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivefather

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
These antenna breaks are intriguing me.

What are they made of, some kind of rubber or soft material ? If so, their thickness and their location on the device would absorb impacts, thus make the phone much more resistant to drop falls, which is in line with the choice of more bristle sapphire. They could also make the phone waterproof.

Video says it is plastic.

tldizard

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
Am I being too nit-picky to think the protruding lens is almost a deal breaker for me? Or, at least not inline with Apple's design aesthetic philosophy?

goliaa

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
new york
wow

its a sexy phone. its certainly sleek and everything has come together nicely. I'm still a bit iffy on the camera and the flash is recessed making me wonder if this is a final build

livit

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2013
Those antenna breaks looks like crap.
It's nice and thin though, but when put beside the 5S in the video, I still think the 5S is a more beautiful piece of hardware.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
At this rate, we won't even have to watch the keynote...

It'll be like the 5S last year. We knew nearly everything about it before the keynote, but Apple didn't just mention what was inside, they showed what you could do with it, and that's what they're gonna do this year again.

tumtumtum

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Am I being too nit-picky to think the protruding lens is almost a deal breaker for me? Or, at least not inline with Apple's design aesthetic philosophy?

I remember looking at an iPhone 5S and thinking how much attention to detail Apple put into it by making the camera nice and flush compared to the ugly S3. And now.... :-\

I'm sure I'll learn to live with it.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Those antenna breaks looks like crap.

Big whup - antenna bands :rolleyes:

More than 60% of the iPhone owners out there, especially males, get cases for protecting their iPhone baby. You'll never notice those bands.

Besides, they may have a more improved function over the 5s.

We'll have to wait until the 9th! These are rumors people - only rumors.

Surprises are great! :apple:

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
I think a lot of people here are assuming they have this phone all figured out. There will be surprises come 9/9.

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
I'm fine with the camera ring. Though I'd prefer that the iPhone 6 be .5 mm think so that one there would not be the protrusion and also that with the slightly thicker phone there'd be a larger battery. It would probably still not be thicker than the iPhone 5 and 5S. I really dislike when companies think thinner is always a good selling point. It's not always a "feature"

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
i wonder if signal is gonna improve better since i still get 1 and 2 bar signals. either way can't wait!

arbitter

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Belgium
Big whup - antenna bands :rolleyes:

More than 60% of the iPhone owners out there, especially males, get cases for protecting their iPhone baby. You'll never notice those bands.

Besides, they may have a more improved function over the 5s.

We'll have to wait until the 9th! These are rumors people - only rumors.

Surprises are great! :apple:
Then it doesn't matter at all what the phone looks like. Then they could just make it out of plastic since no one would notice a difference, since 60+% use a case according to you. Why pay more for the metal body then?

Apple is known for its design. I bet if you see a Samsung device you say "Lol it is made out of plastic", but since you put a plastic casing around it it doesn't even matter. Since Apple goes for premium design, the bands should be more subtle (to my taste at least). But heck, I'm not a fan of the rounded edges either.

Ever since the first iPhone I told myself every year 'next year I will get one'. But then when I finally decided to buy a smartphone, I bought a Nexus 5 for good price/quality. Couldn't imagine dropping a €900+ iPhone and shattering its screen!

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
CANNOT wait to activate my i6!!! even f the 5.5 is delayed I'm buying the 4.7 and then using my moms upgrade. as she doesn't care and I want the 5.5 lol but I went a new phone eve more. COME ON 9/9!!

kaitlynami

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I'm reserving judgement until 9/9. I was iffy on the iPhone 5 design at first and ended up loving it once I saw the high quality photos and even more when I held mine on launch day. The camera ring is a bit odd to me, but I checked out an iPod Touch and it could be a lot worse. We shall see soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.