Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunes_festival_london_2014-250x129.png
Apple has posted its final lineup for this year's iTunes Festival in London, which starts tonight and now includes acts such as Placido Domingo, SBTRKT, Friend Within, Kate Simko & London Electronic Orchestra, Imelda May and The Mirror Trap. Deadmau5 will headline tonight's list of opening acts as Placido Domingo will close the show on September 30.

Apple previously announced two separate expansions to its lineup throughout the past month, as artists such as Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, Lenny Kravitz, Ed Sheeran, and others will account for 30 nights of concerts The Roundhouse throughout this month.

The iTunes Festival begins tonight at 9 PM in the UK and will be broadcast via Apple TV channel, official iOS app [Direct Link], and iTunes Desktop application.

Article Link: Apple Finalizes Lineup for 2014 iTunes Festival in London, Starts Tonight

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
This. There's not one band or "artist" on that list that I'd want to see.

I thought Placido Domingo was an artist, and not an "artist".

----------

It's almost entirely industrial pop acts but I suppose they need to sell tickets.

This being the iTunes Festival, selling tickets is the one thing they are not going to do.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
It's almost entirely industrial pop acts but I suppose they need to sell tickets.

Tickets are free. Free on Apple TV. Free on iOS. Free on OS X.
So, no, they don't need to sell tickets.

----------

... will be broadcast via Apple TV channel, official iOS app [Direct Link], and iTunes Desktop application.

And every performance will be available for streaming afterward.
It's called "iTunes Festival."
But it's actually "The Future of Television."

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Should I take the lack of any sort of notification that I was successful in getting tickets that I wasn't successful in getting tickets? Apple should at least release emails to say you weren't successful.

i.Andy

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
is it me or is the iTunes Festival App completely senseless since the last update? Neither I can't set reminders at iCal nor i can't watch the Festival in the app. It just shows the artwork with all artists and sends me to the iTunes App...

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Watching it on Apple TV right now. KATE SIMKO & LONDON ELECTRONIC ORCHESTRA is quite impressive. :cool:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Should I take the lack of any sort of notification that I was successful in getting tickets that I wasn't successful in getting tickets? Apple should at least release emails to say you weren't successful.

Not really, because people win tickets, but then they don't accept them (you have to accept an invitation within three days), so the next person can win. Every time someone doesn't accept their invitation there is another chance for you to win.

There is also "no entry guaranteed after 8pm". I'm not sure _exactly_ what that means, but they might let people in without tickets after 8pm if people didn't turn up. Or since you always win two tickets (yourself and a guest), there might be spare space if lots of singles arrive. On the other hand, they have a few years experience to know how many tickets they can give out to get an audience of 300 or 400.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.