Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
The Galaxy Note Edge is useless if you're a lefty and don't want to hold your phone upside down.

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
i usually cannot stand Samsung and their keynote was forgettable as usual but i am really digging the Note Edge and I am SO jealous of those pens ... i really wish Apple would push it for productivity purposes alone.

i wonder what the battery life will be

I haven't used a stylus in many years. Are they really a benefit now, or just a gimmick?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You guys need to quit your bitching about these types of articles. No, it isn't about an Apple product. But it IS directly related to Apple in that it's their main competition. I, for one, like seeing what the competition is up to without having to go to some Android blog. It's not like these articles flood MR daily.

Your constant complaining is far more annoying than the occasional article about Samsung hardware.

Hmm, I've read the first 20 or so comments, and people aren't (b)ing. What are you talking about?

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
I just don't get why the Note Edge has to be a separate phone again. Just release a flagship phone that features all your latest stuff instead of releasing a different phone for just about every different feature.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
There is just something about that curved display on the Note Edge that makes me hate it...Perhaps because it is not symmetrical? I guess time will tell if the public accepts them...

It's not symmetrical and half the information is landscape (weather) while the notifications are portrait.....

Just seems weird. But that's Samsung....king of creating smartphones to solve problems no one has.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
And people claim tech sites overhype Apple events/products.

2h67ms1.jpg

knemonic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
So the edge makes it impossible to put a case on it so when you drop it, it's guaranteed to break it. Good idea.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Much more promising and useful devices than the next iPhone 6. Hard to beat the multi-tasking for the Note line.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
The Note Edge looks interesting but I can see accidental touches being a problem.

To you and others who are saying this - what about this design is interesting? Merely because it's different?

I'm curious what benefits this would offer? What issues does this solve?

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Say what you want about the products (i prefer Apple) but Apples keynotes really are better than others.

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
One side bended display!

Edge - not sure anyone would buy an expensive large screen mobile to look at only tiny portion of the display by hiding the larger.

Looks like no major design changes and I wont be surprised if Samsung misses another quarter of earning disappointment.

Metal frame is a good move. Beyond speed bump the mobile phones have reached a logical end unless iphone revolution 2.0 happens again by another player.

I like BB Passport

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
To you and others who are saying this - what about this design is interesting? Merely because it's different?

I'm curious what benefits this would offer? What issues does this solve?

I feel like it's just being different, to be different.

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Galaxy Gear S und Rachel Rileys Hand. Haha, that was hilarious! Next stop for Samsungs Smartwatches: 5 inch!

Did you notice Rachel took this hideous Gear S on right before it was presented, and right away off once they moved on to the Oculus VR-clone?!

A Samsung keynote host took off the flagship smartwatch during the presentation!! She didn't even wait until after the show was over. And rightly so, because it completely blew up her otherwise nice dress.

No more explanations needed.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Looks good, but it is still plastic. Would be creaking in a month or two.
A shame.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
i usually cannot stand Samsung and their keynote was forgettable as usual but i am really digging the Note Edge and I am SO jealous of those pens ... i really wish Apple would push it for productivity purposes alone.

i wonder what the battery life will be, its over a 1000 more than the rumors battery of the 5.5 inch iphone 6 right?

also that watch is way too bulky

Actually, only 300 mAh more. 5,5" iPhone 6 is supposed to have 2915 mAh battery.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
lulz @ nobody knew they did a presentation today... I just puked in my mouth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.