Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to Apple's System Status Page, some users are unable to access the App Store, iTunes Store, Mac App Store, and iBooks Store. iTunes Match, iTunes Radio, and iTunes in the Cloud also appear to be experiencing issues.

App Store users were also seeing problems accessing apps on Tuesday, making this the second outage the sore has seen this week. Problems appear to have began at approximately 1:30 PM Pacific Time, and are ongoing.

systemstatuspage.jpg
Apple does not say how many users are affected by the outage, but there are multiple reports of problems on Twitter and other social networking sites. Some users are not experiencing any issues, however, and appear to be able to access all services without a problem.

Update 5:40 PM PT: Apple's System Status page suggests the outage is now over.

Article Link: Apple's Digital Stores, iTunes Radio Down for Some Users [Update: Fixed]

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I wasn't aware of any issues, and just checked the MAS, iTunes Store and App Store, and, for me, they're working fine. Hopefully, they'll get their issues resolved quickly for those who are affected.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Works for me, but on the iTunes app store, apps that I have bought, don't show up as bought and downloadable.

I resigned in and it worked as before.

Last edited:

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I started having this issue around 3PM Pacific when I tried downloading updates and a previously downloaded app. It would think for a few seconds then just stop. At that point the page didn't say anything about an outage. I called support and they weren't much help. Eventually they downloaded but I haven't tried downloading anything since then.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
Apple must be moving people around to new servers.... For new products to take effect. I noticed a few days ago my iTunes Radio list that was pretty stable went bonkers like it was a brand new station for a few days... Then it "rembered" what it was doing in time to start being glitchy.

Sonmi451

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014
Tesla
Okay that's fine if you want to post Samsung news, I get it. But how is a 5 minute outage for iTunes radio newsworthy?

MarcelV

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
Sadly iTunes Radio has been down for european users since ever.
while in the US, have a few stations created based on dutch artists. Before the last outage, it was a repeating list of around 30 songs, and didn't know a difference between dutch and german songs. Since September 1, around the first outage, the stations play many new songs, many more artists and no mix of german and dutch any longer. Seems to me iTunes Radio is expanding in Europe on the 9th or shortly there after and it looks like the outages have to do with changes to the infrastructure to better support the expansion.

explorequotes

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
Apple must be moving people around to new servers

Apple must be moving people around to new servers.... For new products to take effect. I noticed a few days ago my iTunes Radio list that was pretty stable went bonkers like it was a brand new station for a few days... Then it "rembered" what it was doing in time to start being glitchy.

Thanks and Regards,
Jemmi Wilson.
http://explorequotes.com/

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I'm not able to access the iTunes Store right now from my Mac, iPhone and iPad. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Apple's System Status page doesn't show any problems yet.
Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 5.09.59 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.