Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steedion

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
If you can provide proof that you are the legitimate owner of course they will unlock it.

no today i write to support apple and there is only one option only get the code from original owner. Iphone in activation menu didnt telling he is lost or stolen.

what about this option - find the real owner ? is this true ??: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iCloud-Ac...058?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ed5dda3fa

or this option : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Permanent...696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce7709478

when u clik on second option , there is my problem like first picture..

luffy-kun

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
No response from chronic unlock after 2 months

Have you contacted Will yet? Has he replied?

Sorry havent checked in a while.
The email you gave (Suport@chronicunlocks.com) - this is the one i have been using to contact him since the beginning.

He hasnt replied to my last 4-5 mails last month.

Even the link to check the current unlock status still says in progress.....

Im trying to see if i can get paypal or my cc to give the money back

Last edited:

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
The email you gave (Suport@chronicunlocks.com) - this is the one i have been using to contact him since the beginning.

Even the link to check the current unlock status still says in progress.....

Im trying to see if i can get paypal or my cc to give the money back

PM me your details,I'll ask him what's going on.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010

Why don't you contact Will via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ChronicUnlocks), or Twitter (https://twitter.com/ChronicUnlocks)?
It is pretty easy to google it.
Btw, at their Facebook page you can find this Contact email will@chronicunlocks.com Just try this email;)

luffy-kun

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
Why don't you contact Will via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ChronicUnlocks), or Twitter (https://twitter.com/ChronicUnlocks)?
It is pretty easy to google it.
Btw, at their Facebook page you can find this Contact email will@chronicunlocks.com Just try this email;)

Well i can try that. Although i find it hard to believe the guy would reply considering he stopped replying via his support email..

I was asking how i would PM confucious since looks like he knows the guy

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
Well i can try that. Although i find it hard to believe the guy would reply considering he stopped replying via his support email..
But I find it hard to believe they wouldn't reply, you know;) I advice you to contact them via Twitter, Facebook or email I gave you. They always respond.
Or you prefer confucious to do it for you?:) I doubt he knows Will personally.

I was asking how i would PM confucious since looks like he knows the guy
To send PM you must have a post count of at least 5. It's said in FAQ/Rules.

luffy-kun

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
But I find it hard to believe they wouldn't reply, you know;) I advice you to contact them via Twitter, Facebook or email I gave you. They always respond.

To send PM you must have a post count of at least 5. It's said in FAQ/Rules.

Got it. Will try the contact info you gave then

jerjul44

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
Saudi Arabia
http://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk is also a scam unlocking service

Be careful asking the service of this company because even your IMEI is cleaned and was checked by other third party services this company will inform you that your unit is in contract or barred for you to seek their service to upgrade your request to unlock barred or in contract iphones and will cost you to a much higher cost.

1)Calling AT&T is the first place to go to request an IMEI unlock. If the account is paid in full, you can usually call them up enough times to get an IMEI unlock done, even if you aren't an AT&T subscriber: 1-800-331-0500.

2)The next place to look is for an IMEI unlock service. I have no idea if they do remote unlocking, but most of them probably use method 1) by calling a million times because the wages in other countries are so ridiculously low($1 a day sometimes) that those sites can pay their team of workers to make hundreds of calls to AT&T for the IMEI unlock or by brute forcing the IMEI unlock server till the proper key is generated.

Many places are scams, so be weary, but many websites are now legit. If you can deal with losing your money, go ahead. The service will cost about $20 on average. Some services that I have some information about(the items outside of eBay haven't been updated since I made this list. Don't pay over $10 for an unlock from a source you don't know):

Ebay is the cheapest($4 average), fastest(within a few hours), has a money-back guarantee, and has tons of feedback reviews:

My eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251203069836&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123

If you need to order three or more unlocks, I'll do them for $2 each. My unlock processor usually does them in 12-24 hours, but I lag for like 8 hours in sending the unlock confirmations after they're done. I also offer an under 12-hour guaranteed or your money back service plus a free unlock(I just hope you don't order it while I'm sleeping).

The biggest unlock name out there: fast, reliable, automated. He also has an IMEI checker in his listing to let you know if your iPhone is AT&T and can be unlocked.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Unl...792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec4b516c0

My competition: Pretty fast(12-24 hours).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Unl...455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abcbe332f

The following info is out of date; you should use it as a starting point only, but the prices and reviews are outdated.

cutyoursim.com 4/5 stars: On the expensive end($145), but I've heard few scam stories.

gsmfather.in 3/5 stars: Terrible customer service, success is random, and refunds take months to process at times. Also, AT&T has relocked IMEIs in some cases for bad accounts, and they will not refund you.

attiphonesunlocked@gmail.com1 count in support of the unlock, done in 48 hours for $50.

officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/$108, 1-2 days stated time, many positive reviews from Google, some negative reviews, owner posts here.

Skype: star_umair_2005unlocked my iPhone 4 in 32 hours for $55.

Most of these sites only take PayPal. Do not add money to PayPal first. If you have money in PayPal, transfer it all to your bank. Then checkout with PayPal in which case you'll be instructed to pay with your backup funding source, which should be your credit card and not your bank account. Bank account disputes are possible, but it's much easier to go through your credit card company. They usually process the refund within a couple days. I won't advise this, but you can usually dispute a couple charges over time with your credit company for purchase you've made online, even if the product was physically delivered to your address and you signed for it. I sold an unlocked iPhone 4 last year, the buyer updated it, and then disputed the charge through PayPal 3 months later. If she had opened a dispute with PayPal, she would have had to return it, but because she used her credit card company, she got her money back within a week, screwing me out of $500.

If you have had any success with IMEI(factory) unlock sites, please post the site name, the time it took for the unlock order to be processed, and the cost. If you have been scammed as well, please post those sites too. I know for a while there was a large list of scam sites, but I can't find that topic anymore, and people were safe to assume that the majority of sites were scams.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK

Although I have never met Will personally I have never met Musclenerd or iH8Sn0w either. I still consider all three to be "friends" and they are 3 of the 9 people I follow on Facebook and none of them would be discourteous enough to not reply to a DM if I send one.

He should, and does, reply to everyone but if the questioner was having problems maybe Will is not receiving his emails for some reason. I was only offering assistance but am quite happy if it's not needed.

kornberg

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Slimyoursim successfully unlocked my tmobile iphone 5. It took less than 7 days as well. I will def use again.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
... I still consider all three to be "friends" and they are 3 of the 9 people I follow on Facebook...

Since when does MuscleNerd have a Facebook account ? I know there are some impostor/parody FaceBook pages that claim to be his (linked to selling various iPhone services)

He has always stayed widely clear of Facebook.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Muscle red, as you know, has never had a FB account. It is twitter we have always used to communicate.

Apart from Sherif and ctrlfreq, no one from the iPhone community is friends with me on FB.

An you might have noticed that I recently unfollowed you on Twitter DH - but with the blog virtually dead now I have decided to reduce the number of people to an absolute minimum.

Last edited:

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
Although I have never met Will personally I have never met Musclenerd or iH8Sn0w either. I still consider all three to be "friends" and they are 3 of the 9 people I follow on Facebook
Sorry didn't know that;) Anyway my main idea was try to contact Cronicunlocks not only via support email.

jerjul44

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
Saudi Arabia
I was scammed by same site "officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

Same thing happen to me on this site. before i submit my IMEI to them i manage to check with the owner and from other third party imei checker that my unit is cleaned. But when submitted to this officialiphoneunlock.co.uk the status of my imei according to them was in contract and they asking for additional 100 pounds to unlock. Tell others not to trust this site.

Don't use officialiphoneunlock.co.uk. Their "guarunteed prices" are crap. My roommates mom bought a new phone and sent him her old iphone 5 from mexico. The site says it's 20 pounds to unlock it. Okay, pay the 20 pounds. get an email sayig it has to be "worldwide carrier ulocked" for some reason, and they want another 35 pounds. okay at this point we're still cheaper than buying a new iphone 5. 2 weeks later get another email, the phone is "still under contract" according to the carrier and if I still want it unlocked they want an additional 35 pounds. They issue me "trade credit" in "good faith" for the money I've paid so far. They say that since it said on the page it couldn't be under contract (it didn't the only mention of contracts at all is in their TOS which just lumps "contract issues" in with lost or stolen phones, and the description of that section reader makes no mention of contracts at all) I won't be able to get a refund from them. So now I'm out 55 pounds, and would need to pay an additional 45 to get the phone unlocked. Oh and if I issue a chargeback, which at this point is my only recourse to getting my money back, they'll just blacklist the phone from every network worldwide. This is ****ing extortion.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Why we're you scammed by a site so many people have complained about? Didn't you google them first?

For you, and anyone else that has been scammed by a uk site, the small claims court is the place to turn to.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
I can recommend another person, he's reliable 847-701-5125 -- You can just call or text him unlike others and he will send you his website, you can do your background checks and read feedback etc before making any purchase. iPhone 6 / 6 Plus Also

I am not endorsing in anyway, as everyones experience is different so please do your search regardless but i can say he's far more reliable and definitely gives money back unlike officialiphoneuk guys that have robbed thousands.

Last edited:

se7endreams

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
Slimyoursim successfully unlocked my tmobile iphone 5. It took less than 7 days as well. I will def use again.

I used this site as well. Very happy with it. Ordered the 1-7 business days option, and it took about 3 business days. I'd also recommend it.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
Same thing happen to me on this site. before i submit my IMEI to them i manage to check with the owner and from other third party imei checker that my unit is cleaned. But when submitted to this officialiphoneunlock.co.uk the status of my imei according to them was in contract and they asking for additional 100 pounds to unlock. Tell others not to trust this site.

First they always claim its possible in same service but later on refuse by saying its blacklisted / no perfect carrier / dues remaining. Here there are already threads made by their name related to their feedback.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
Okay so I just experienced a second unlock with slimyoursim.com.

iPhone 5, in contract, three day service. And the communication was very good. Kept my friend up-to-date the whole time and answered all his questions. He is very happy as he is traveling to France in a few days and now has an unlocked phone.

So, my iPhone 5S in literally hours, his iPhone 5 in about three days. Both under contract. No problems. This is by far the most reasonably priced and most reliable experience I have had with unlocking since before AT&T changed everything. Highly recommend slimyoursim.com. As do their other customers. Check trust pilot for more reviews!

Also - just noticed that they are having a giveaway of a free unlock for iPhone 6/6+. Check it out

As a disclaimer-I am in no way affiliated with slimyoursim. It's just very nice to find an honest person to do business with. Unlocking has gotten quite flaky lately. :(

Last edited:

SynthAL

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Logan, UT
I have a 5S locked to Softbank. Tried going through officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and I'm sure I have been scammed as I have not heard back in over a month since the request, a loss of about $200. I still want my phone unlocked. I checked Apple's website and they said Softbank does not offer unlocking, but I have found that chronicunlock offers Softbank for all iphones. It estimates i would have to pay $170 for this service. Can I get any confirmation this is legit? I am not too keen on losing another large sum of money.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
I have a 5S locked to Softbank. Tried going through officialiphoneunlock.co.uk and I'm sure I have been scammed as I have not heard back in over a month since the request, a loss of about $200. I still want my phone unlocked. I checked Apple's website and they said Softbank does not offer unlocking, but I have found that chronicunlock offers Softbank for all iphones. It estimates i would have to pay $170 for this service. Can I get any confirmation this is legit? I am not too keen on losing another large sum of money.

If you had read anything in this thread you would have known that officialiphoneunlock.co.uk are a scam, so many people have said so.

Chronic is legit, may not seem to be the cheapest but I can vouch for him.

SynthAL

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Logan, UT
Yep. Sadly I found this thread a little too late. They made it look like the real thing. I am going to try filing a dispute to see if I can get at least some of my money back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.