Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Is anyone having trouble finding/downloading this? My iTunes says I've purchased the album and that I should be able to find it in my artists/albums section. However, I don't see it! Anyone having this problem?

Thanks!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Is anyone having trouble finding/downloading this? My iTunes says I've purchased the album and that I should be able to find it in my artists/albums section. However, I don't see it! Anyone having this problem?

Thanks!

It's going to be in the Purchased page under Music. Under Various and NOT U2, for whatever reason. My iTunes isn't working, it throws up an error, so you'll have to do it on an iOS device maybe (which I did, on my 5S).

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
It's going to be in the Purchased page under Music. Under Various and NOT U2, for whatever reason. My iTunes isn't working, it throws up an error, so you'll have to do it on an iOS device maybe (which I did, on my 5S).

I don't see it there either! I suppose it's not up yet?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Are you looking here?

2f53615b18efff5c497bc584403d8c4f.jpg

Last edited:

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I was able to download it by changing a Preference setting in iTunes on my Mac, following dpace32's post in the iTunes update thread:

If it is not appearing for you, make sure that your iTunes is set to "Show itunes in the Cloud purchases" under iTunes -> Preferences -> Store

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
I was able to download it by changing a Preference setting in iTunes on my Mac, following dpace32's post in the iTunes update thread:

If it is not appearing for you, make sure that your iTunes is set to "Show itunes in the Cloud purchases" under iTunes -> Preferences -> Store

Got it! :) I didn't have iCloud turned on (duh).

ETA: Thanks!

Last edited:

iWe

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Go to iTunes Store (homepage) on your Mac ---> Click 'Purchased' on the right of the page ---> Go to Music/Albums ---> Click the arrow on top of the new U2 album there to download it to your iTunes library.

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Thank you!

Go to iTunes Store (homepage) on your Mac ---> Click 'Purchased' on the right of the page ---> Go to Music/Albums ---> Click the arrow on top of the new U2 album there to download it to your iTunes library.

You know Apple could have made it a bit more obvious. The first time I saw the album cover, I totally missed the tiny arrow on the upper right hand side.

And what makes this gift significant is that this is the FIRST U2 album ever to be installed in my iTunes library. I have never been a fan. Listening to them is sort of like having a pinecone shoved up my lower bowel...but, in this case, the price was right. And for all the U2 fans, YES, I endured the entire Joshua Tree album and that was the first time my lower bowel was introduced to the U2 pinecone.

Last edited:

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
By the way, anyone having issues opening the digital booklet? I'm getting this message:

Acrobat could not open 'Digital Booklet - Songs of Innocence.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

I've never had issues opening PDFs before.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
By the way, anyone having issues opening the digital booklet? I'm getting this message:

Acrobat could not open 'Digital Booklet - Songs of Innocence.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

I've never had issues opening PDFs before.

You're not the only one. Same issue here. Have deleted it and tried downloading it again with same result. Tried opening with both Acrobat Reader and Pro.

Edit: Have just tried several other solutions and no luck. The file is damaged that I have and there is no way I am going to be able to read it.

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
I found turning iTunes Match off then on again fixed it for my phone. Chances are, since it was going out to every single iTunes account, it may have just taken a while. A coworker discovered the album in her phone this morning to her surprise, she hadn't taken any steps to get it.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany

That worked for me - but I suppose it was meant to run smoother. Surely many many people won't have it up until now.

Not Apple style these kind of bugs. Well, they might have been busy getting their keynote up and running again :D

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
The booklet works fine in Preview for me.

Been trying everything. No luck. Keeps getting same error message no matter what I have tried to use when opening it. Have looked at the info to see if permissions are correct and could not see anything wrong there. Tried changing the extension with no luck.

Not to concerned at the moment as it is free and I am sure somewhere before the 13th of Oct. I can get it to download correctly and open.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 8.57.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 8.57.20 AM.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 95

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
download on Mac fine for me after changing the iTunes prefs, but as with others the pdf is definitely corrupt - tried several apps & none work.

Also I can't see how to get the download onto my iPhone - anyone advise pls?

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
For some reason, all of the songs are playable except for "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)." When I try to play that song, or I hit the play button for the whole album, it always starts with "Every Breaking Wave."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.