Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I currently own a 12" latest generation iBook. It has a 40GB hard drive and I upgraded the ram to 1.5GB. It is in near mint condition. The only problem at all with the iBook is the power adapter connector is slightly bent. Barely bent at all. The orange led indicator on it works but the green led does not. It is about 4.5 months old, I still have everything that came with it, box, all CDs, adapters, and cables. Oh, it also has no dead pixels.

I've seriously been thinking about purchasing an 80GB 5400 RPM HD and trying to install it, although the aspect of voiding the warranty and the chance of messing up the iBook, I have decided against it, but regardless, I need a bigger hard drive.

I'm seriously thinking about selling it, and including the ram as well as one of my licenses of Microsoft Office along with it (I have 3).

I plan on getting this refurbished Powerbook with the money:

Refurbished Powerbook 15-inch 1.5GHz Combo Drive
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB DDR)
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rates
Backlit keyboard

Price: $1449

Now for the questions:

1. Is it illegal to include the MS Office license with it? If so I won't.
2. Does this whole thing seem like a good/bad idea?
3. How much do you think I would get for the iBook on ebay with 1.5GB of ram, in this condition including the MS Office license?

GreenDice

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
Did you check the Marketplace forum recently? I know someone was trying to sell her 15" PB with the same spec.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
GreenDice said:
Did you check the Marketplace forum recently? I know someone was trying to sell her 15" PB with the same spec.

The latest generation iBook isn't 4.5 years old....?

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
You might want to delete the info about the machine you are selling, and ask about a buying tip on the PowerBook.

Right now it looks like a FT post, which needs to be in the Marketplace.

And you are still in the wrong forum... hopefully you will get moved to the right spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.