Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shortys408

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2006
some more pictures

Attachments

• tudor 1.JPG
    tudor 1.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 111
  • tudor 4.JPG
    tudor 4.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 106
  • tudor 6.JPG
    tudor 6.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 102

riyasin123

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
India
This my Nixon "Ticket" yes it is a nixon who is known for watchs and stuff that are aimed at skaters and surfers and such but they also have an awsome line of very nice watches including a kinetic energy watch (just like a rolex!) that has no batteries and uses swiss movements and the motion of your arm moving to keep it running...but this watch of mine is the "Ticket" and it has full swiss movements and is beautiful it runs about $200 Image

It's beautiful. n it's price is 200$?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I own a couple of Orients and they're great watches. Nice quality for the price. I've got a black Mako myself and it's a really good daily beater - sporty and stylish.

I also own a Bambino and that is also a cracker of a watch. Albeit with a pretty noisy rotor.

Definitely go for the Mako. At that price point it's an absolute steal.

Curious to know if Orient watches come with a unique serial number and/or certificate of authenticity. Tried contacting Orient about this with no response.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Curious to know if Orient watches come with a unique serial number and/or certificate of authenticity. Tried contacting Orient about this with no response.

Not as far as I know. I've just taken my Mako off and checked and it doesn't have a unique serial number and it definitely didn't come with a certificate of authenticity. Then again, it only cost a hundred quid.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Don't buy two tone nooooooooo.
Two tones are not cool.

To each their own, but IMO two tone looks great on the right type of watch.

I'm not a Rolex guy, but the two-tone Datejust with a champaign dial is definitely a classic and is something that I could see myself wearing. Two tone on a Sub or a Yachmaster is not to my taste, but I think it looks right at home on a Datejust.

Apparently I'm not the only one that feels this way, as I see a lot of two tone Datejusts "in the wild."

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
My understanding is to avoid all gold watches due to the little amount of gold coating that is that is on the watch itself.

Everything that I have read suggest to get a two-tone watch if you want a gold watch it will last longer.

In any case I don't like gold watches so none of this really affects me.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
My understanding is to avoid all gold watches due to the little amount of gold coating that is that is on the watch itself.

Everything that I have read suggest to get a two-tone watch if you want a gold watch it will last longer.

In any case I don't like gold watches so none of this really affects me.

What? Gold case watches are solid gold, not coating.

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
It's just my experience but two tones are usually not as popular among watch collectors, as far as I can tell from watch forums.

Just because two-tone watches aren't popular, it doesn't mean you shouldn't buy one. You're buying the watch for you, not for what others think about it.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
Just because two-tone watches aren't popular, it doesn't mean you shouldn't buy one. You're buying the watch for you, not for what others think about it.

Uh yeah dude, I was just saying I don't like it and some others don't like it.

No need to pontificate. Save your sermon for your congregation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.