Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
gamertag = Chromnicon

Can someone tell me, is it possible to share gamertag / profile on two consoles?

I set up my 360 in the office with my gamertag and then I set up the 360 in my bedroom with the same gamertag (by recovering it from xbox live).

However when I went to play xbox live back in the office it wouldn't let me connect to live. I recovered gamertag and it worked again.

Back into bedroom and low and behold would'nt let me connect. AGhhhhhhh :confused:

Does that mean I have to have a different gamertag for each 360?

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
MacRumorUser said:
gamertag = Chromnicon

Can someone tell me, is it possible to share gamertag / profile on two consoles?

I set up my 360 in the office with my gamertag and then I set up the 360 in my bedroom with the same gamertag (by recovering it from xbox live).

However when I went to play xbox live back in the office it wouldn't let me connect to live. I recovered gamertag and it worked again.

Back into bedroom and low and behold would'nt let me connect. AGhhhhhhh :confused:

Does that mean I have to have a different gamertag for each 360?
you should be able to use your tag on any system. contact the live support team and they will fix the problem no doubt

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just an update guys. I contacted Microsoft support few minutes ago.

You can use your live tag on any console unfortunetly you have to recover it everytime you switch machine.

It's the only way that it can keep track of your achievements / gamer profile I guess. It's a damn bloody pain though.

I was advised to jsut create another profile. But that sucks ass as it means my downloaded marketplace stuff is invalid on the other console and also means I would have to pay for gold membership twice.

The woman suggested I just create a new one each month and that way I get free gold membership (using the month trial each time) that's too much hassle too.

Oh well.

TheGimp

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
anywhere, usa
gamertag: aphexor

if you get addicted to hexic (game included on harddrive), you can try to beat my high scores. Last night I made it to position 19 on the leaderboards for the timed game.

games played: pgr, pdz, live arcade

owned but almost unplayed: cod2, condemned

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
hey everyone. i got a new tag

it used to be hopesfallen. it is now MurdaMittenMatt

i would appreciate if everyone just re added me so i dont have to go do 40 friend requests by myself

d_saum

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
NC
No 360 (yet) but I'd be up for some Halo 2, Ghost Recon (2 and Summit), and any of the Rainbow Six games.

GT = Dave The Nugget

And yeah, the clan thing sounds cool. I just don't know how bad Im gonna suck at Halo 2 against anyone on here.... I suck! :p

Dave

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Finally got into XBL!
Gamertag = Seether One

Games:
PDZ
COD2
PGR3
Halo 2 (although not before I get good using a console - don't like being the whipping boy!)

And possibly Quake 4. I like it!

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Dragging up an old thread...

Mine is: Aesthete

Only got PGR3 and PDZ at the moment (and only really played PGR3)!

If anyone wants a game sometime send me a message or add me as a friend :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.