Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Do I brave the mall and have Ritz print the 45 4" x 6" prints I need for my Christmas cards or do I use the ink here and not go out into the madness?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
iGary said:
Do I brave the mall and have Ritz print the 45 4" x 6" prints I need for my Christmas cards or do I use the ink here and not go out into the madness?

The Mall.. you never know, you might bump into that future 'special someone'.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
yellow said:
The Mall.. you never know, you might bump into that future 'special someone'.

I have one of those. :D

I decided to print them out - they turn out better than the photo shop anyway.

And yes, I've decided to do my Christmas cards and not cancel Christmas. My Dad would be up in heaven, or wherever he's hanging out now cussing me out if I didn't get off my ass and be Christmassy.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I still have to do mine - bleh - lots of printing and lots of aggravation. Every year I say I'm going to get it done early, but that never happens.

D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mr. Anderson said:
I still have to do mine - bleh - lots of printing and lots of aggravation. Every year I say I'm going to get it done early, but that never happens.

D

Well, I do that, too. And always wait.

Hopefully I can get all the prints spray mounted on today, wirte my little messages in them tonight, spray mount my business cards on the back ;) tomorrow, and off they go in the afternoon.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
iGary said:
I decided to print them out - they turn out better than the photo shop anyway.

And yes, I've decided to do my Christmas cards and not cancel Christmas. My Dad would be up in heaven, or wherever he's hanging out now cussing me out if I didn't get off my ass and be Christmassy.

Good for you, iGary! Yeah, in the end it's kind of fun printing out your own cards, even though it takes a lot of time. This year I bought commercial cards because by the time I decided I would swing into the Christmas mode after all it was a bit late to come up with something different and creative. My mother passed away in September and I had initially thought I'd just pretend that Christmas doesn't exist this year, as certainly I am not feeling jovial, cheery and all ho-ho-ho about it, but somehow I had a change of heart...

As you said about your dad, I sense that my mother would probably come down and haunt me if I totally ignored the Christmas season! I'm just coming around to accepting the fact that yes, this and all future Christmases are going to be very different for me. Although I don't have a life partner (my husband passed away sixteen years ago) nor much in the way of family now (this is when being an only child really sucks) I do have friends and they can be "family" in a different way...

OTB

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
On the Brink said:
Good for you, iGary! Yeah, in the end it's kind of fun printing out your own cards, even though it takes a lot of time. This year I bought commercial cards because by the time I decided I would swing into the Christmas mode after all it was a bit late to come up with something different and creative. My mother passed away in September and I had initially thought I'd just pretend that Christmas doesn't exist this year, as certainly I am not feeling jovial, cheery and all ho-ho-ho about it, but somehow I had a change of heart...

As you said about your dad, I sense that my mother would probably come down and haunt me if I totally ignored the Christmas season! I'm just coming around to accepting the fact that yes, this and all future Christmases are going to be very different for me. Although I don't have a life partner (my husband passed away sixteen years ago) nor much in the way of family now (this is when being an only child really sucks) I do have friends and they can be "family" in a different way...

OTB

Yup.

I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because of dad leaving the planet without any notice (I'll get you back later, pops), and I'm really having to wedge my way into my stepmothers side of the family I've ignored for so long, but luckily they are good folks.

So I'll make the best of it...for dad.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I buy double sided matt paper and print on both side, fold, write a little note (my wife does most of those) and stick it in an envelope - doing the spray mount on 100+ cards would be torture. :p

I hope everyone who gets your cards appreciates the effort.

D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mr. Anderson said:
I buy double sided matt paper and print on both side, fold, write a little note (my wife does most of those) and stick it in an envelope - doing the spray mount on 100+ cards would be torture. :p

I hope everyone who gets your cards appreciates the effort.

D

I think they do, plus I send them out to clients, my doctors, veterinarian etc, so it's good for business.

No one ever says "WOW thanks," but oh well. :)

This year's pic:

Image-B2BBDFED6E6111DA.jpg

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
iGary said:
I have one of those. :D

To hell with it then! Crowds suck! And each minute brings you closer to the hell of Last Minute Bachelors Shopping. <shudder>

Nice pic, reminds me of my broarding school in Maine.. once upon a million years ago.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
iGary said:
Yup.

I've been sitting around feeling sorry for myself because of dad leaving the planet without any notice (I'll get you back later, pops), and I'm really having to wedge my way into my stepmothers side of the family I've ignored for so long, but luckily they are good folks.

So I'll make the best of it...for dad.

Ouch....at least I had some preparation time, knowing what was coming. I spent the entire summer down in NC with my mother during her last illness, but even with anticipation of the inevitable, it still was very difficult afterward. It must be really awful to have someone leave your life unexpectedly, with no warning whatsoever....

OTB

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
iGary said:
I think they do, plus I send them out to clients, my doctors, veterinarian etc, so it's good for business.

No one ever says "WOW thanks," but oh well. :)

WOW, thanks!! :)

Really a nice shot! That's one of the government buildings in Annapolis, right? (For those who might not realize it, Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and a very picturesque town.)

OTB

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
On the Brink said:
Really a nice shot! That's one of the government buildings in Annapolis, right? (For those who might not realize it, Annapolis is the state capital of Maryland and a very picturesque town.)

I'm pretty sure it is; last time I was there, the traffic circle here was under reconstruction. That really is a nice shot with the snow in the trees (last week's snowstorm?)...overall, I think iGary found his winner shot for Assignment #1.

-hh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.