Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hello,

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

Thanks

hockeyman94

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
California

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I got my AT&T iPhone 5 unlocked through him. Took 24-48 hours, mainly because it was during a sale and he had a high volume. You have nothing to worry about in working with him. Unlock wise he's one of the best around now.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Hello,

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

Thanks
I am also need an iphone 5 FIDO unlocking too! Chronic charge about 150! I found a shop in vancouver would do it for 110, but right now the unlocking for fido/roger is on a hold and no one is offering at this time. The other day I just unlocked an iphone 5 AT&T for 3 bucks:rolleyes:

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I am also need an iphone 5 FIDO unlocking too! Chronic charge about 150! I found a shop in vancouver would do it for 110, but right now the unlocking for fido/roger is on a hold and no one is offering at this time. The other day I just unlocked an iphone 5 AT&T for 3 bucks:rolleyes:

I just asked my buddy, who DID use chronic and he said he was charged $35USD. Why is it so much more for FIDO?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/unlock...one-on-rogers-fido-telus-or-koodo-for-90-160/

Last edited:

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
I really want to know this too! Everything is much more expensive here in Canada :(! Your friend should had went on ebay and unlock his ATT iphone for only 3 dollars from unlock fusion!

Nah, he wanted to use Chronic. Sometimes cheapest isn't best. If I do it, I'll use chronic as well.

accounti

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012

Why is it on a hold ? Can you detail please ?

----------

I just asked my buddy, who DID use chronic and he said he was charged $35USD. Why is it so much more for FIDO?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/unlock...one-on-rogers-fido-telus-or-koodo-for-90-160/

Thank you all for your answers !! Don't know why it is so much ... Must be harder to do than ATT

Nomad043

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Be very wary!!

RE Chronic Unlock Service. I Do Not Recommend this company. As I write this post I have been waiting over a month for an Express unlock service for an Iphone4, a Non responsive support center and noticed lots angry comments on Facebook, so at this stage not a postive outcome I would NOT recommend, I will keep you posted.

montfleur

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Chronic Unlocks

Don't use these people - if you have a Canadian provider they will unlock for half the price as long as your contract is in good standing.

I sent them a request to unlock and they charged my credit account immediately. Its been several weeks and nothing has happened. I contacted them several times through their website and never received the courtesy of a response.

I did it through Rogers for $50CDN instantaneously. I have requested Chronic Unlocks to cancel and refund. Still no response.

Don't waste your time.

luffy-kun

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
Over 2 months and nothing

Same here, I paid for the unlock 2 months ago, still nothing.
He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.
I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?

Last edited:

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Same here, I paid for the unlock 2 months ago, still nothing.
He was replying for my update request for the first month but now he is not replying at all. Even if i ask for refund, nothing.
I htought chronic was for real based on the threads i read here but i guess they were all scam?

If it helps, I had my iPhones recently unlocked from simpleunlocks.me -- all 3 completed in about a weeks time, and communication was great.

Jules Korku

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Chronic Scam

Is a complete scam. I ordered an unlock from this guy like 3 months ago. To date still nothing. I emailed several times, no answers. He will send an email after a month or so, just to make sure you will not contact PayPal. After the 45 day limit set by PayPal he will disappear with your money and there in nothing you can do about it.
Stay away from chronic unlocks, unless you are willing to sponsor his Vegas escapades.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
My 5S unlocked was rejected by ATT with chronic and they refunded my money pretty quick. I also imessaged Will and he was quick to respond (within a few hours) Though the service didn't unlock my phone, they did refund my money as promised.

----------

Is a complete scam. I ordered an unlock from this guy like 3 months ago. To date still nothing. I emailed several times, no answers. He will send an email after a month or so, just to make sure you will not contact PayPal. After the 45 day limit set by PayPal he will disappear with your money and there in nothing you can do about it.
Stay away from chronic unlocks, unless you are willing to sponsor his Vegas escapades.

But great first post though. :rolleyes:

libu

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
There are so many scammers in the unlock business, Chronic Unlocks has to be one of the biggest scammers as he operates under a cloak of respectability as a former Dev team member with the jailbreak community.

Guess he's gone rogue , they scammed me too.:(

I used iPhone Unlock Guys for an AT&T iphone 6 unlock recently, can't give definite opinions for sure, but they did unlock my iPhone 6 a couple days ago pretty fast, in 2 days.

They look professional and were responsive with messages -

http://www.iphoneunlockguys.com

Thanos933

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
Hello,

I come to know if someone has already use the unlock service of Will Strafach on twitter (@Chronic) if yes with which carrier ? I'm hesitating of dealing with him. I'm with canadian carrier Fido

Thanks

Chronic Unlocks is an INSIDIOUS/CHEATED internet company now. This company has been doing BAD by NOT fulfilled the unlocking jobs with customers, so I posted a TRUTH/HONEST feedback here to alert everyone but ****ING Chronic Unlocks just remove my posting. ****ING STINKY CHEATED DOG is Chronic Unlocks.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Chronic Unlocks is an INSIDIOUS/CHEATED internet company now. This company has been doing BAD by NOT fulfilled the unlocking jobs with customers, so I posted a TRUTH/HONEST feedback here to alert everyone but ****ING Chronic Unlocks just remove my posting. ****ING STINKY CHEATED DOG is Chronic Unlocks.
We know this. Why didn't you? Thanks for reviving a dead thread though.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Who can unlock my old iPhone 5s from sprint. I didn't ask for an unlock when I switched from sprint to att.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Who can unlock my old iPhone 5s from sprint. I didn't ask for an unlock when I switched from sprint to att.

Check out samunlocks, their prices are reasonable and service is pretty excellent as well from my personal experience. Others have also recommended them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.