Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julyzerg

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Looks good! Looks like you aligned that screen protector just right, not a whole lot of wiggle room there. My phone is coming tomorrow and I'll be applying the Zagg glass screen protector. Any tips on placing it?

it is very too apply, don't even need any tip you should do it properly lol, it even has 2 extra plastic at 2 ends make it easier when applying, align it to fit on 1 side of the actual screen first (I hold phone by my left hand so I aligned the left side first) then align the touch ID then apply, I mean it fits right on the actual screen (not the out side edge) so you can't go wrong anyways lol. I even peeled it back and re-apply it 1 more time and it is still good, no buble at all, just dont touch the adhesive or the screen.

I dont know but I may return it, $40 screen protector and it doesn't cover all of screen ( I know the edges of the phone are curve but this is still not good)

Anybody knows if I can return iphone case back to the store after it is being opened?

bestbuy staff allowed me to open all colors of the apple cases to try lol, I also asked them if I can return the screen protector, and yes, peel it out and put back to the box to return, 15 days.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I posted this yesterday but here's the Gold 6 with the midnight blue Apple leather case. Fits very snug, feels great in hand & has a little lip for when face down. Open bottom but the case extends beyond it a tad on the sides. Now to find a screen protector...

That is a awesome combo. Loving the gold with the blue. I have the silver with the black case on my 6+. Not as good as that. That looks really good together.

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Does the wood case has nice grip (not easily slipping)?

Are the sides made of rubber or plastic? Are they soft?

Do you have problem with the case blocking the camera or the led flash?

Thanks.

I have been happy with the grip as it works good with some one handed usage and it is a hard plastic with a soft touch to it as well.

It does sit close to the flash currently but I never use the flash anyway so no deal breaker there.

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Instead of sending foam pads they should be replacing all their sold cases with updated/fixed ones.

If only we lived in a perfect world!

This is essentially equivalent to car manufacturers replacing recalled parts instead of a whole car, except on a [much] smaller scale. It's a cheap case and an easy fix, so I’m not too concerned. Don't get me wrong, I would love a new case without the button problem, but considering how little I paid relative to what other case manufacturers might charge for their cases, I'll accept their proactive attempt to rectify the situation quickly and painlessly.

xolan99

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
Loving the white Apple silicon on the silver/white iPhone 6.

Attachments

• phone1.jpg
    phone1.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 469
  • phone2.jpg
    phone2.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 416

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Thanks for this, and especially answering the questions on page three. You convinced me to get this one.

I'm NOT a case persion, but the aluminum back worried me, so I decided to try a case at least sometimes. It feels just like you said, just grippy enough, and it's perfectly clear and thin.

I'm also going to buy an Apple leather case, but this works for now.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
PROTECTOR by Pelican Progear

Also, before I forget, Invisible Shield GLASS Screen Protector.

----------

It's a two piece case, front & back, that snaps together and comes with 2 Screen Protectors, BONUS!!! It has a very prominent lip so it has more than adequate lay flat protection.

I have to admit that I am not a fan of the VOYAGER. I prefer the simpler PROTECTOR, but if you like the extra stiffness and port covers this is a good case.

Oh... almost forgot. The VOYAGER comes with a snap in Holster. So pocket no more... you can open carry your iPhone 6+ on your hip.

any chance the holster for the voyager works for the protector?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Here are some photos of my 6 Plus (space grey) in Apple's red leather case. I really like this combination - the case definitely helps the phone feel less slippery...

Excuse the quality of the photos, my iPad Air is my only other camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 347

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
iPhone 6 , Shumuri Slim Case.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 657
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    989.5 KB · Views: 453
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 250
  • imageedit_5_2238217785.jpg
    imageedit_5_2238217785.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

aarontsuru

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Anyone have the Spigen Air Cushion in the color "Metal Slate"? I'm curious how the actual color looks on a Space Gray iPhone 6. I bought the "Crystal Clear" and "Black" versions of this case for my wife and I. Very nice...just curious how the actual color compares to the rendering on the Amazon site. Thanks!

Sure do! Here's some photos - https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/19882809/

<3

Really love the dark blue navy.

----------

iPhone 6 , Shumuri Slim Case.

As awesome as that looks, I worry there's just no protection for drops or the protruding camera.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Start Posting Pics Of Cases With iPhone 6's In Them Already

As awesome as that looks, I worry there's just no protection for drops or the protruding camera.

Oh I am fully aware of that. I always go for very thin cases. I had The Veil by Caudabe on my 5S and it was great for scratch and bump protection, and to get as close to a case-less feel as possible which is exactly what I'm looking for.

These kinds of cases protect from short drops on soft surfaces. So if you need a case to protect your phone from five foot drops on to concrete floors, then your best bet is too look for a thicker and more durable case.

aarontsuru

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Oh I am fully aware of that. I always go for very thin cases. I had The Veil by Caudabe on my 5S and it was great for scratch and bump protection, and to get as close to a case-less feel as possible which is exactly what I'm looking for.

These kinds of cases protect from short drops on soft surfaces. So if you need a case to protect your phone from five foot drops on to concrete floors, then your best bet is too look for a thicker and more durable case.

No, I hear ya, I was looking at the blue one too. How is the "tactile-ness" of the case? Does it give you some grip? The iP6 is so damn slippery.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
No, I hear ya, I was looking at the blue one too. How is the "tactile-ness" of the case? Does it give you some grip? The iP6 is so damn slippery.

The entire case is made of a flexible hard plastic. So there's no rubber material on the sides or anything that may help you to firmly hold the phone. It's wrapped tightly around the phone in order to maintain the iPhone's thin form factor and this makes it feel like there's no case on at all.

aarontsuru

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Baltimore, MD
The entire case is made of a flexible hard plastic. So there's no rubber material on the sides or anything that may help you to firmly hold the phone. It's wrapped tightly around the phone in order to maintain the iPhone's thin form factor and this makes it feel like there's no case on at all.

Ah. Oh well. Guess I'm going to pass. I spent 4 days in a death grip on this slippery thing. No way I'm going back to that. Thanks for the info!

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Anybody knows if I can return iphone case back to the store after it is being opened?

Yes (14 days) you can, as long as you have receipt.

----------

I'm not the best photographer but here's my midnight blue on space gray
plus

I have same and absolutely love it :), but debating if d.brown would look as good or better. They had none in stock, hope they will before 14 day return/ exchange come around. I'd like to try brown as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.