Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Well hurry up, then. I'd like to be able to use iWork again without having to use a web browser.
Huh? Pages and Keynote are working just fine here on OS X Yosemite Beta 3. I just finished up making a presentation for work tomorrow without an issue.

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
Anyone? Before my query goes to oblivion...

Just curious to know if the latest release fixes the horrid font appearances on non retina displays? Sorry, the last time I checked on Yosemite development was in the early stages when ppl were complaining about how bad the interface appeared on non retina displays.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
I bet they go for 10/10 release date to match 10.10 version :D

Slim chance of Yosemite Public release on 10/10 it'll be late oct like last release of Mavericks 10/22-ish

I hope 10.10 will be released before the newly announced Windows 10. :D

edit: not first on that one

from my quick Win 10 story info search -- Win 10 preview probably won't be available until april 2015 to sept 2015 timeframe then win10 would put public launch still after Mac OS 10.11 time frame launch ... Win 10 might launch for public for christmas 2015...

Win 10 launch timeframe info

edit: 8 mins until reboot via GM yosemite cycle starts... Whee !!

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Looks like Public Beta 4 is out now. I wonder if it is the same build as the GM.

Not sure if this is really a "PB4". But maybe a "public beta GM"

Anyway, it has build number 14A379b - proving my point that it is not the same as the developer GM (which had build number 14A379a).

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
The iOS 8.0.1 update was the only real mishap on their part (other than the botched keynote stream).

However, I, too, will be waiting to update my computer to Yosemite because its user interface is so... ugh! Can't stand it! (I am running the public beta on a test laptop just so that I'm not talking out of my arse. My observations are based on hands-on experience next to two laptops running Mavericks.)

Another mishap, the Web front end to the Apple Store was offline for more than an hour as pre-orders for the 6 started (probably the same guys that did the Keynote Stream were on that).

I'll wait on the release simply because Apple is pushing a huge amount of software out and I want to give them time to find the main bugs and fix them before installing - alot is changing in Yosemite and there will be bugs.

ct13021

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
anyone having issues with 8.1 beta?

im nervous to update to it and is apple pay actually working

belbri

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
857MB update.

I'll most likely do a clean install on all my machines tonight or sometime this week.

Text message forwarding is back.
When you enable it on your Mac, it gives you a code to enter on your iPhone to Allow forwarding.
How do you enable message forwarding? No code on mine.

mflocks

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2014
SMS Relay

857MB update.

I'll most likely do a clean install on all my machines tonight or sometime this week.

Text message forwarding is back.
When you enable it on your Mac, it gives you a code to enter on your iPhone to Allow forwarding.

You mention SMS relay being back. I dont seem to see that at all. You state "when you enable on your mac". Where does one enable it? It isnt under message and preferences

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Ill hold off on installing Yosemite.. Seeing as how buggy iOS8 still is... Will probably be the same with OS X... Apple needs to get their things together

On the one hand at some point in time Apple decided they were going to come out with the iPhone/iOS8 on Sept 9th whether it was all ready or not. With Yosemite they've had no firm release date, and with the Intel CPU slips they have probably had even more time than they expected. So the quality should be at least a bit better...maybe.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Not sure if this is really a "PB4". But maybe a "public beta GM"

Anyway, it has build number 14A379b - proving my point that it is not the same as the developer GM (which had build number 14A379a).
Well it was called "Beta 4". Previous one was called "Beta 3".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.