Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
I know a lot of people will be getting new additions to their Mac families this Christmas/holiday season. So show off your new stuff and post your updated setups -- make sure the gifts are in the pic (your 5G iPod, your iSight, a new case for the iPod...whateva!).

I still have about 10 hours to go and I don't know if I'm getting any Apple stuff yet. Merry Christmas everyone!

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
ryannel2003 said:
Well here's what I got for Christmas. The iPod is great, however I have to return the Creatures because they don't work :( . BTW, I love your setup!

Sweet Ryan! Whats wrong with the creatures???? Mine didnt work at first, but I set them up wrong! :eek:

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
w_parietti22 said:
Sweet Ryan! Whats wrong with the creatures???? Mine didnt work at first, but I set them up wrong! :eek:

When I first plugged everything in (It was right), I heard lots of static so I unplugged the left satellite. When I did that, I heard a loud popping sound followed by a burning electrical smell. I unplugged everything and plugged them back in and the LED on the back of the sub never came on. I think something has shorted out; I plan on calling JBL tomorrow and asking about a replacement. Or I could go to the Apple Store on Thursday and see if they would let me exchange them for a new pair. It sucks, but w/e my iPod is so figgin awesome!

P.S Get on AIM!

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
ryannel2003 said:
Well here's what I got for Christmas. The iPod is great, however I have to return the Creatures because they don't work :( . BTW, I love your setup!

So..You like Jessica Simpson?
:p
I have the Blues Traveler and the GooGoo dolls on my computer..

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
The 24 inch has arrived!

Attachments

• DSCN0775.jpg
    DSCN0775.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 311

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
I'm reserving this spot for the picture I'm going to take later today :p

Edit: Here we go.. brand new LCD (the one on the right.) My room is never that brightly lit as it is with the flash (I have a loftbed so under it is my desk and on the top under the mattress I use a rope-light and that's about it) so you can't really tell the difference between the LCD's as much. These are great.. I also got a Radeon 9800 Pro. That's it for my Mac stuff this christmas. Last Christmas was an iBook.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 186

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I'm happy to report that this the only thing received so far this season that could even be seen as remotely related to Apple. And even then, there's still plausible deniability built in!

Dark

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Oh man the Soundsticks are amazing. The bass in making my head explode and the sound is so crisp. Oh yeah I also got my new Canon Digital Rebel XT, still fooling around with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 222

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
New additions: iSight, Mighty Mouse, and incase 12" incase sleeve w/ handles. All 3 are awesome!

pc2500122wm.jpg

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I'm home from school for Christmas...so this is my setup for the mo :p (cat included)

Attachments

• img_4980.jpg
    img_4980.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 185

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
OutThere said:
I'm home from school for Christmas...so this is my setup for the mo :p (cat included)

So you let your cat surf the internet on your laptop?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Mmmm... 4G iPod.

To all those who are thinking "but KT, why did you get a 4G, not a 5G?!!"
I got it before the 5G came out AND it was on sale AND I can just put linux on it.. geez. :D

iPod! :D
I also got a camera connector, so in vienna I have a ~30 gig memory card
Rock.... ROCK!!! :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
OutThere said:

I saw this REALLY CUTE jacket that looks exactly like your couch!

Man.. I really like that jacket-couch.. looks comfy. :)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
katie ta achoo said:
Mmmm... 4G iPod.

To all those who are thinking "but KT, why did you get a 4G, not a 5G?!!"
I got it before the 5G came out AND it was on sale AND I can just put linux on it.. geez. :D

Ya, but KT, why did you get a 4G, not a 5G?!! 5G's make better multi-user Linux servers...Apple.com is hosted on a 5G iPod...you can't do that with your 4G so HA! HA!

Edit:

katie ta achoo said:
I saw this REALLY CUTE jacket that looks exactly like your couch!

Man.. I really like that jacket-couch.. looks comfy.

It actually shape shifts into a jacket I wear when I'm saving the world. Really.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
OutThere said:
Ya, but KT, why did you get a 4G, not a 5G?!! 5G's make better multi-user Linux servers...Apple.com is hosted on a 5G iPod...you can't do that with your 4G so HA! HA!

Edit:

It actually shape shifts into a jacket I wear when I'm saving the world. Really.

aww, I totally got told in 4G v 5G linux debate. :(

and WOW! What a jacket-couch! I wish I got one for my new xmas setup!

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Xephian said:
Nice but, Dell is about to release some new monitors really soon and their 30" on January 5th.

Any word on if the 30" will need dual-DVI? I'd assume it would, but it'd be killer if it didn't, and a huge advantage for Dell over Apple.

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
Hey, but it was a present, wasn't it? I have a duel link connector on my PM. But the 24 is already almost too big for my desk. And I can't make it go up! The hieght adj. is on the lowest and I can't get it back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.