Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I have a 60GB Video iPod and am having a few issues.

1. While playing music at random times the iPod will restart. I'll be half way or so through a song (doesn't matter what song its completely random), and it will go to the black screen with the apple.

2. When I am navigating through the menus and the back light is on the battery metre shoots down. Once the backlight goes off it comes back up.

3. When I choose a menu there is a slight delay before the menu actually changes.

4. Sometimes I'll go into an artist menu then go back to the artists menu and the band name I was just in sticks in the title bar where the word "Artists" should be.

5. When a song finishes the next one will start playing but there is a delay before the title of the new song shows up on the Now Playing screen.

These all seam to be software issues, but I'm wondering if I got a dud iPod or if Apple just needs to make a iPod Update.

This is what I mean in #4

http://homepage.mac.com/daines88/.Public/Ben/IMG_1540.JPG

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
You have a bad iPod... Send it back to Apple. I had a friend that had number 1. It ended up being a loose HD connection.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think 2,3, and 5 are within the normal limits of just how good an iPod is. 1 and 4 don't sound right, but 4 is probably a software bug, and not something specific to your iPod. Like hcuar said, of all these, 1 is the big concern....if this is happening more than once in a blue moon, there is something wrong with the disk on your iPod. You can try reformatting it, in case there are just a few bad sectors or something, but it sounds troubling....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.