Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmypatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
When I have several songs by a single artist and only album info for songs on one of the albums by that artist, none of the songs without album info can be accessed. When I click on one of these artists, I am taken straight to the songs on the album with album info. The other songs without album info are still on the ipod (they show up on playlists), but it is impossible to access them by scrolling through artists. This is not a major problem, but it is incredibly annoying--so if anyone else has had experienced this, please tell me because I don't know whether it is a problem with the new ipod firmware or if I did something wrong.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i've heard of this happening before. i think there's a thread about it somewhere on this site. I suppose a possible workaround might be to take all of your songs with no album info and title them something like "..." so that they're accessible?

timmypatch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
That works (I used "?") but it is really annoying to do. do you think that Apple will fix this problem when they release a firmware update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.