Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
For anyone interested in seeing a MIME USA Feather+ Glass applied on an iPhone 6 (4.7").

The glass is the same amazing quality I've come to expect from MIME and the clear plastic adhesive sheet included in the set makes removing dust particles a breeze. Note that like many other manufacturers due to the curvature of the display glass the product literally covers only the width of the display. There is no cutout for the front-facing camera (I actually prefer it that way) but there is a small notch for the ambient light sensor. The thickness in glass between the Feather+ (.15mm) and Ghost is noticeable only when I'm reaching for the TouchID/Home button. Clarity is amazing and there is no loss of touch sensitivity.

Hope this helps in the decision-making process.
IMG_1684.JPG

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I've been a big fan of MIME in the past. I only have a plastic screen protector on my 6 at the moment, but comparing my phone with your picture, it seems like MIME is lacking some potential coverage vertically, because my Spigen Crystal screen protector reaches the very bottom of the home button and the top third of the ambient light sensor without any edge lifting. Horizontal coverage seems to be the same, which is a shame, but it's unavoidable, I guess. On the plus side, those are very clean cutouts compared to ones that I've seen.

MIME would probably be my go-to glass screen protector if I were to purchase one right now!

Thanks for the pic!

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
I've been a big fan of MIME in the past. I only have a plastic screen protector on my 6 at the moment, but comparing my phone with your picture, it seems like MIME is lacking some potential coverage vertically, because my Spigen Crystal screen protector reaches the very bottom of the home button and the top third of the ambient light sensor without any edge lifting. Horizontal coverage seems to be the same, which is a shame, but it's unavoidable, I guess. On the plus side, those are very clean cutouts compared to ones that I've seen.

MIME would probably be my go-to glass screen protector if I were to purchase one right now!

Thanks for the pic!

No worries- glad it helped!

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
For anyone interested in seeing a MIME USA Feather+ Glass applied on an iPhone 6 (4.7").

The glass is the same amazing quality I've come to expect from MIME and the clear plastic adhesive sheet included in the set makes removing dust particles a breeze. Note that like many other manufacturers due to the curvature of the display glass the product literally covers only the width of the display. There is no cutout for the front-facing camera (I actually prefer it that way) but there is a small notch for the ambient light sensor. The thickness in glass between the Feather+ (.15mm) and Ghost is noticeable only when I'm reaching for the TouchID/Home button. Clarity is amazing and there is no loss of touch sensitivity.

Hope this helps in the decision-making process.
View attachment 500987

The photo is hard to see, any edge lifting?

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
The photo is hard to see, any edge lifting?

None at all. There is a small piece of lint stuck in a few places on the top edge (i put it in my pocket top-down) but other than that no edge lift at all. With many other glass protectors MIME seems to have the glass cover just the entirely flat portion of the display.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Man, that pic is a bummer. Had I known that the protector wasn't full coverage and especially didn't surround the home button, I probably wouldn't have ordered.

Though maybe it won't be bad once my Slim and Tough Armor cases get here.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Another option is the Joto which is just as thin as the MIME, but the Joto is much cheaper than the MIME ($12.95). I just installed the Joto and it looks great, although the top cutout is not as nice as the MIME. With the Joto, there is one big cutout for the light sensor, front facing camera and speaker and b/c the camera is a bit off center, the cutout is also off center a bit. However, it's not a big deal especially given the price difference. I'm using it as an interim cover anyway until the Imos protector comes out (expected mid-November).

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I've been looking at all the different style glass screens out there. I'm going for this one mainly for the thinness and the cutouts on top. I don't like the "one big notch" cutout in most protectors.

17MBPC2D

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2006
Probably the best Glass Protector available at the moment

MIME Feather+ & 6 Plus

Glass protector covering the whole display with a tad extra overlapping the black bezel on each side, just before the curve begins

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 579
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 403
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 564

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
MIME Feather+ & 6 Plus

Glass protector covering the whole display with a tad extra overlapping the black bezel on each side, just before the curve begins

Awesome! Good to see that MIME is providing a bit more coverage on the glass panel.

Sorry to see that PowerSupport AJ for the 6+ pushes up on the camera- it is definitely not acceptable as the one on my 6 has great fit (with a tiny bit of space around the camera).

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
So the glass protector was been revised? The black phone looks way better with better coverage.

Noticed the OP has a 6 while the slate is a 6 Plus - maybe 6 Plus cut better?

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
So the glass protector was been revised? The black phone looks way better with better coverage.

Noticed the OP has a 6 while the slate is a 6 Plus - maybe 6 Plus cut better?

So far that looks to be the case. The 6+ definitely has noticeably more coverage along the width of the display, which helps both with protection and slightly misaligned applications.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
It looks pretty similar to the Spigen one.

Do you have rainbowing or disruption on the sides when the screen is on? You mind post another picture from the side with the screen on?

17MBPC2D

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2006
It looks pretty similar to the Spigen one.

Do you have rainbowing or disruption on the sides when the screen is on? You mind post another picture from the side with the screen on?

No, because the edge of the protector ends past the display itself

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Received the Feather+ Glass today. I will install it in a while. Extremely nice packaging. I wish they would spend less on packaging and pass along the savings.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
It's installed on my 6 (4.7). I did a pretty good job at centering it. Even with the good centering I had two edge lifts. One on the top right and one at the bottom left. I managed to hold down the top right so that it sealed and didn't come back up. But the bottom left will not stay down. I have a clothe and some weight on it now to see if with time it will stay down. I'll leave it like this for a few hours. This screen has to be centered incredibly perfect to not have any edge lift.

tonlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Just got this. Excellent fit. Covers the entire display unlike Spigen's. Also thinner at 0.15mm (vs 0.4mm). The thinner glass makes the world of difference in the subtly of its appearance. No complaints so far. Had both Spigen and MIME tempered glass for iphone 6, I would recommend MIME's in its current iteration. However, having also used both glass on the iphone 5, Spigen had the better Oleophobic coating. Thanks to OP for original pictures!

On a side note, MIME has excellent and almost instantaneous customer support unlike Spigen.

Darthsat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Just got this. Excellent fit. Covers the entire display unlike Spigen's.

Does the protector span wider than the display area? In your case, it goes as far as possible before the phone curves? Can you provide some photos? Also, is your's a 6 or 6 plus?

tonlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Does the protector span wider than the display area? In your case, it goes as far as possible before the phone curves? Can you provide some photos? Also, is your's a 6 or 6 plus?

Definitely goes just beyond the screen display. Spigen's was short a little bit. I have an iphone 6. For photos, see those already in thread, not much more to add.

Darthsat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Definitely goes just beyond the screen display. Spigen's was short a little bit. I have an iphone 6. For photos, see those already in thread, not much more to add.

The reason I asked is because the first set of photos in this thread are from a white 6, where the protector barely covers the display area. The 2nd set of photos is from a black 6 plus, which extends beyond the display area. I was trying to better understand this difference. We don't have any photos from Feather+ covering more than the display area on an iPhone 6.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.