Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I'll start.

My girlfriend gave me these university of Louisville (Go cards!) car coasters. They go in your car cup holders. Within a few weeks, I had the first and only car accident in my life. It was horrible, easily the worst experience of my life. Insurance issues, for instance. Don't want to get into it.

With my car gone, I don't know what to do with them. I WILL NOT put them in my new car!

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I've been in two car accidents during snowstorms, and in both instances Aerosmith was playing on the radio. It's not really an item, but now when driving during snowfall I listen to podcasts!

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
Anyone who's currently suffering under the curse of unlucky paper money can send it to me, and I'll be glad to perform the steps necessary to remove you from its curse.

If you've been unlucky lately, it may be because you have cursed money, so I'd suggest you empty your wallet, and send me all your cash, because, unless you're an expert on cursed money, it's really difficult to determine which bill (or bills) might be cursed.

Cursed or even haunted paper money is fairly common. Don't try to destroy the cursed or haunted money yourself, and don't try giving it away or spending it -- that won't remove the curse or evil spirits! The only way to remove yourself from long term effects of the curse/evil-spirits is to send the tainted money to me, so I can perform the appropriate curse/evil-spirit removing ceremony as taught to me by the ghost of Alexander Hamilton.

Justin33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
I've been in two car accidents during snowstorms, and in both instances Aerosmith was playing on the radio. It's not really an item, but now when driving during snowfall I listen to podcasts!

I've also had a bad experience with Aerosmith. Agreed, totally unlucky!

copykris

Suspended
Sep 25, 2009
home
worst car accident i ever had i had lou reed's berlin on

very fittingly dark, but i make a point of not even having it on my ipod anymore these days

only listen to it in the comfort of my home

oh, pic, right:

220px-Berlinloureed.jpeg

Justin33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
worst car accident i ever had i had lou reed's berlin on

very fittingly dark, but i make a point of not even having it on my ipod anymore these days

only listen to it in the comfort of my home

oh, pic, right:

Seems about right. I have no idea what was playing on my radio in my accident!

mtasquared

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
Here's a story. Six years ago while on a river cruise up and down the Nile I picked up a small chipped piece of limestone from the base of the Great Pyramid. I brought it home, displaying it on my side table. BAD IDEA. Within months my wife developed fatigue and dizziness…she had contracted lymphoma, a cancer of the blood. After brushes with death and two rounds of chemo she is back to healthy. But not before she said "I have had enough" and made me throw away that rock. Do not futz around with ancient Egyptian artifacts. There were street people selling the real deal, heads of statues, etc. recently plundered from graves. Do not buy them.

Justin33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Here's a story. Six years ago while on a river cruise up and down the Nile I picked up a small chipped piece of limestone from the base of the Great Pyramid. I brought it home, displaying it on my side table. BAD IDEA. Within months my wife developed fatigue and dizziness…she had contracted lymphoma, a cancer of the blood. After brushes with death and two rounds of chemo she is back to healthy. But not before she said "I have had enough" and made me throw away that rock. Do not futz around with ancient Egyptian artifacts. There were street people selling the real deal, heads of statues, etc. recently plundered from graves. Do not buy them.

Wow, thats pretty crazy.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Sorry to hear about your wife, and glad she recovered. But it had nothing to do with a rock from Egypt.
My wife's mother died of the same thing a while back. She never went to Egypt.

mtasquared

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
Sorry to hear about your wife, and glad she recovered. But it had nothing to do with a rock from Egypt.
My wife's mother died of the same thing a while back. She never went to Egypt.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. You don't have to go to Egypt to get lymphoma. All I'm saying is that there is thing called King Tut's curse, and I believe it affects people who plunder ancient Egyptian graves. I believe in spiritual phenomena. (I used to be a hardcore atheist, but over the years experience has taught me otherwise.)

copykris

Suspended
Sep 25, 2009
home

the part about your wife is obviously terrible, but the notion that any of that had anything to do with a rock from a pyramid in egypt is a load of malarkey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.