Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iamlamamaa

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2013
It happened to my friends iPod touch as she was pushed over and she found out later that it had been bent. The touch screen was unresponsive and there were cracks underneath the screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 386

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
No. I've had mine for 5 months and I haven't bent it or damaged it in any way. I keep it in a rubber case and then put it into a fabric iPod sock to protect the screen when not in use.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
It happened to my friends iPod touch as she was pushed over and she found out later that it had been bent. The touch screen was unresponsive and there were cracks underneath the screen.

Looks like it was sat on. Aluminium wouldn't bend on its own and glass doesn't crack without provocation.

Napoleon7

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2013
My IPT5 has a slight bend in it. It is rarely in my pocket, and mostly just on a flat surface, so not sure how that happened. It still functions properly, just is bent :(

Has anybody had any experience/luck trying to return one to the Apple Store?

Gabby517

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2013
REPLY TO ALL
it is possible for an ipod touch5 to bend. being that mine has bent itself.
i dont know HOW it bent, i just noticed a lighter area on my display screen indicating the area it is bent at.
i keep it in a 3 layer case so i dont know how its possible for it to bend through use.
i take care of it, never dropped it. rarely sit on it. im starting to the think it was my CASE that warped it over time.
if anyone has more information please let me know. thank you and i hope this was useful to others!

Thank you I also had I rubber case and my when I turn on my iPod touch 5th gen it has lighter spot.i had it for about 2 months so should I take it in.

fullysickbro

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2013
my ipod touch 5th is bent

my ipod touch 5th gen is bent from putting it in my skinny leg jeans. is has really pissed me off. the screen has not cracked, it is bent. grrrrr might post photo tonight of it as proof. :mad: :apple:

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
My IPT5 has a slight bend in it. It is rarely in my pocket, and mostly just on a flat surface, so not sure how that happened. It still functions properly, just is bent :(

Has anybody had any experience/luck trying to return one to the Apple Store?

My father had a bent iPhone 4, they returned it.

Mikailacarpino

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
iPhone 5's are not bending from normal use. I don't care what anyone says, if they claim their iPhone just bent by itself, they are lying.

The iPod Touch 5th gen should also not bend from normal use. I do want to see pics of bent iPod's though :p
actually my iPod 5 bent from a normal use. It was in my side purse and I had a perfume bottle in my purse also and the perfume is glass and a ball shape. I had fallen and the perfume bottle mad a circular broken screen at the bottom by the home button. And the fall had cause the perfume to bend my iPod a little at the bottom I don't know if it's fixable yet or how much it costs yet though.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
actually my iPod 5 bent from a normal use. It was in my side purse and I had a perfume bottle in my purse also and the perfume is glass and a ball shape. I had fallen and the perfume bottle mad a circular broken screen at the bottom by the home button. And the fall had cause the perfume to bend my iPod a little at the bottom I don't know if it's fixable yet or how much it costs yet though.

I wouldn't classify that as normal use.

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Right, so accidental damage is normal use. Sorry but it was bent because of an accident. What I mean is that they are not just bending by themselves. They are bending because someone or something is applying pressure to it to make it bent. In your case, that was a perfume bottle and your fall.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I have had mine since 2012 and it has not bent. I also put it in my purse with stuff but nothing excessive in there.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
REPLY TO ALL
it is possible for an ipod touch5 to bend. being that mine has bent itself.
i dont know HOW it bent, i just noticed a lighter area on my display screen indicating the area it is bent at.
i keep it in a 3 layer case so i dont know how its possible for it to bend through use.
i take care of it, never dropped it. rarely sit on it. im starting to the think it was my CASE that warped it over time.
if anyone has more information please let me know. thank you and i hope this was useful to others!

lol, i swear. How many of this is fabricated? i have an iPod 5th Gen for over an year now.

its not going to bend with out putting an applied amount of force.

End of story. People just want to deny that its their fault when it comes to bends and scratches. its pretty ridiculous

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Bought my iPod touch when first available. Has lived in my front pocket for ~2years. No bends. Taking care of nice things is part of having nice things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.