Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterific

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
viber or etisalat problem

Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

If you were sending a Viber-to-Viber message, the message is free, regardless of the country to which you are sending the message. Viber does not have the ability to send an SMS message to a non-Viber user.

A non-Viber message will be sent as an SMS message, which goes through your phone service provider (Elistat). Any charges incurred from the SMS messages will be from Elistat, not Viber.

Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks

Get Bote

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
I was reading my viber messages and it suddenly disconnected. When i was trying to open it again it doesnt work anymore but i receive messages. Whats wrong? Should i uninstall? Will i lose all my groups?

Parya

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2014
Hi i am using IOS 5.0.1 and Ive deleted my viber by accident and now i cant download viber, because its requires IOS 6 or later, and i dont want to update my IOS, what should i do? How can i download Viber without updating my IOS??

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Parya, Unfortunately, you will not be able to re-download Viber if you not meet the minimum requirement of iOS 6.

regwiztr

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Viber cannot be downloaded from Apple App Store

Hi,
Today I have tried several times to download Viber to my cousin's iphone 4s (recent ios) but not succeeded. Download starts and near to complete a message appears saying something like "viber cannot be downloaded + try again ". Actually I live in Turkey. Please check this if no downloads to other countries than USA etc. Among others Viber is cutest and most powerful messaging app I have ever seen yet.

R03

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2014
Hi,

I received a message with an activation code even though I never requested one from viber and my account has been activated long time ago and running smoothly.
Does this mean someone is tryin to hack into my account?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
It is likely that someone with a phone number similar to yours is trying to activate Viber, but mistyped and input your phone number instead.

You can simply disregard this message. Rest assured that no one will be able to activate Viber without that activation code. If you are concerned, you can delete this message off of your phone to be extra sure that no one accesses it.

zidler

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Hi!

Guys, your application is awesome. But i want to delete it now.
The thing is that we made a group chat of 50 people, i'm the admin. Someone added an ******* to our chat and now we cannot force him to leave!!!!
The conversation is not confidential. WTF people? How could you make such an application without the most vital feature? What were you thinking about?
Now we have to delete the whole group in order to get rid of him!
Guys, you'r driving mad a few dozens of people with this.
And i'm not even talking about the most basic feature - DELETE THE WHOLE DAMN GROUP! Everyone should leave group one after another?! Are you crazy or something!? I forced all these people to abandon whatzapp and switch to vibe and now i don't know what to do!!!!!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@zidler:

There are currently no admins in group chat, which is why you are unable to remove this participant. However, this is a feature that we are working on developing and should be available in future updates.

In the meantime, you can create a new group and ask the participants not to add any other users.

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that, aside from this, you enjoy Viber!

charlesg

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
@Viber

Hi Viber,

I hope you get to read this. I have been sending support tickets support.viber.com but I am not able to get clear answers.

My Viber number was blocked last week. I run an online shop for a year now and I get to communicate with old and new customers thru Viber until last week where you decide to block my number. Got hold of your support team and they told me they have decided to unblock my number and it will take up to a week.

As alternative, I decided to get a new number temporarily while waiting. Unfortunately after registering it to Viber, it gets blocked after a minute without me doing anything yet. Then I get another number and same thing, blocked instantly as soon as it connects to Viber.

I hope you can shed some light to this incident and how can we avoid being blocked randomly?

Charles

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@charlesg Please send us your case number so that we can look into your case

charlesg

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014

Hi Viber,

Thanks for the quick response..

My original number that was blocked - case#793071

And I opened another one from the new numbers that were blocked - case#861506

Charles

jayanaj12

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Viber problem

Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

Hi,

Same issue I'm also facing. My Internet is connected, but Viper still says Internet connectivity is required when trying to call another Viper user.

Details as below:
1. Using Viber on 3G
2. Country - India; Cellular Network - Idea 3G connection

misenlai

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
viber issue

I recently got the iphone 6 plus. But Viber is acting wierd on it. I have a hard time scrolling up on my conversation screen. Is this a known issue with iphone 6 plus? the screen keep lagging and whenever i scrolll it pull me back down to the latest message.

submitted a case too
Case #871078

Last edited:

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

for some time viber has been blocked in UAE

is that un blocked ? is there a way out ? or ?

nejka79

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Hi, I love app, just would like to know if its possible to hack Viber account.
Im also using this app for business and I got pretty scared when my friend told me its possible.

Can I use any extra locks?

Thx on fast replay, keep doing the good job.

Leiloon6

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
I recently got the iphone 6 plus. But Viber is acting wierd on it. I have a hard time scrolling up on my conversation screen. Is this a known issue with iphone 6 plus? the screen keep lagging and whenever i scrolll it pull me back down to the latest message.

submitted a case too
Case #871078

I have the same problem.

----------

Hi Viber
I cannot scroll in viber at iphone 6 plus.

Gratefulavender

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2014
Can anyone please help me out. I'm having problems how to print out my viber messages. I've been to the viber site that said that I just need to go to my settings then push the call and message button history and then it will lead to sent it to the email you want to be sent and there you can print out all the messages. But. I already tried how many times that procedure and there's no message sent in my emails still? What can I do? I really need help to get my messages printed. Please.

bartolo5

macrumors member
May 11, 2008

submitted a case too
Case #871078

Exact same issue. Makes viber totally unusable on iPhone 6 plus. I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed in two weeks since release, product is unusable like this on iPhone 6 plus.

annaharris

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
San Francisco
Im using Viber since very long time. I like Viber, but there's a common problem that occurs every time I use Viber during video calling. It gets hanged quite often during conversation with someone. Why this problem occurs so much ? Can anyone help ?

TheBeard73

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014

submitted a case too
Case #871078

Exact same issue. Makes viber totally unusable on iPhone 6 plus. I'm amazed this hasn't been fixed in two weeks since release, product is unusable like this on iPhone 6 plus.

I'm having the same issue as well, to include my ticket (Case #966692) submitted for this issue:

Issue is related to iOS 8 and iPhone 6 Plus. I have installed/uninstalled Viber multiple times but nothing has helped. When trying to type a message, it is hard to get the keyboard to show after sending a sticker. I have to tap multiple time in the area to type in order for the cursor to show so I can begin typing. When trying to correct a typing error before sending, placing the cursor where the correction needs to be done, is very difficult and almost impossible. If you tap and hold to get the correction bubble, it can not be done. All issues are related to the keyboard functions in Viber. Version of iOS is 8.1 and was 8.0.2. Version o Viber is 5.0.1. Thank you in advance for the help and fix.

This is a bit difficult to explain this issue in typed words. Hopefully it will get resolved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.