Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
Like the title says, what's the best case/skin for a 60 gig ipod video? i'm getting mine custom colored so i'd prefer the case/skin to be clear.

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
the evo3 is a cool case.. but i still think the best is the invisible shield if you consider that a skin and since you are having yours custom colored

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
I am in love with...

I just got my Vaja Case and have totally fallen in love with it. I have had a couple in the past and just haven't been able to find anyone that comes close to the same quality. They are quite pricey but if you have the money the only dilemma should be choosing the colors and options (which are limitless it seems).

DonWilson

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
McKinney, TX
I'm waiting for Best Buy to get more DOL Jam Jackets back in stock so I can buy one. They're sold out at every single Best Buy around me.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
We already have an extensive thread on this here at MR.

Please use the search bar. There is no need to have multiple threads on the same topic. And you could have read their responses and not even needed to create a thread.

Here is the thread

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
mustard said:
I just got my Vaja Case and have totally fallen in love with it. I have had a couple in the past and just haven't been able to find anyone that comes close to the same quality. They are quite pricey but if you have the money the only dilemma should be choosing the colors and options (which are limitless it seems).
can u post pictures... i like vaja cases but its way to pricey for a college student....

I have a powersupport film on it which is great.... and i ordered a iskin which i hope comes soon...

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
Pics

puckhead193 said:
can u post pictures... i like vaja cases but its way to pricey for a college student....

I have a powersupport film on it which is great.... and i ordered a iskin which i hope comes soon...

First time posting pics so here it goes - sorry for the low res: camera phone is all I have at the time, it is only 1.3 mega pixels and is horbile without day light.
Here are some pics of my Vaja Cases (I ended up getting one for the Nano at the same time).

DSC00132.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
If you're looking for protection from falls and dents and such, you should go with one of those bulky cases. But if you're looking for protection from scratches and to preserve your custom color, I *highly* suggest the Invisible Shield. It's reasonably priced ($25 USD) with a lifetime warranty and gives excellent protection.

Check it out at: http://www.theinvisibleshield.com

Definitely well worth the money. :)

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
To be extra safe I used Fellows PDF/iPod/Digital Camera Screen Protector under the Vaja cases to cover the screen and to be doubley sure not scratch it.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
mustard said:
First time posting pics so here it goes - sorry for the low res: camera phone is all I have at the time, it is only 1.3 mega pixels and is horbile without day light.
Here are some pics of my Vaja Cases (I ended up getting one for the Nano at the same time).
thanks for the pics... i like the colors you choose, if i were ordering one i would order blue for the front and gray on the back....

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
puckhead193 said:
thanks for the pics... i like the colors you choose, if i were ordering one i would order blue for the front and gray on the back....

Thanks for the compliment - I personally feel that Vaja just gave me something to fit my taste, because everything they offer is great - it just depends on what kind of mood you are in.:)

joshuatreestamp

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2005
hi mustard

hi mustard .. how many gigs is your new ipod ? i ask because i have a 60 gig black and also want to purchase a vaja. the question i have is this .. do you have a dock? if so, can you dock your vaja into the dock (assuming you take out the adapter on the bottom so there is more space) ...

thanks, phil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.