Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Anyone notice you cannot activate automatic update of videos for the 5th Gen iPod? Is this known to everyone but me, and what is the reason or workaround??

Attachments

• Video.jpg
    Video.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 88

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
mduser63 said:
Works fine for me. iTunes 6.0.1, OS X 10.4.3, 5G White 30 GB iPod.
Is your iPod set to automatically update the music files??
Anyone else having problems with this?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
works for me....
now if only i can fig. out why half my photo's won't transfer.... maybe i'll go to the apple store next week when the kiddies are back at school.... gotta go anyway... when i open mail, its freezes and can't do jack except force quite.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
wattage said:
Is your iPod set to automatically update the music files??
Anyone else having problems with this?

My iPod is also set to automatically update music files. Literally as I've been typing this I had my iPod syncing with iTunes and it did automatically transfer a few video files that I added to iTunes a few minutes ago.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
mduser63 said:
My iPod is also set to automatically update music files. Literally as I've been typing this I had my iPod syncing with iTunes and it did automatically transfer a few video files that I added to iTunes a few minutes ago.
Maybe if I enable automatic music updating it will work...seems kinda weird though that the other features (photo, contacts etc.) will load automatically though. I think I will call Apple.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
If your iPod is set to automatic update music, then the video section is active.
If you don't enable automatic music update you have to manually update your videos.

I think this sucks. I don't always want all my music updated but would definitely like my videos to update automatically. Anyone think this can be fixed with a software update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.