Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I had my ibook connected to the power outlet, so I thought I'd charge my shuffle on it while I slept. I didn't want to leave the screen up for prying eyes, so I shut it, automatically putting the ibook to sleep. To my surprise, the shuffle's battery was still dead 8 hours later. So I suppose you can't charge an ipod on a computer that's asleep? Even if I had the screen open, the ibook would of eventually went to sleep anyway.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
thewhitehart said:
I had my ibook connected to the power outlet, so I thought I'd charge my shuffle on it while I slept. I didn't want to leave the screen up for prying eyes, so I shut it, automatically putting the ibook to sleep. To my surprise, the shuffle's battery was still dead 8 hours later. So I suppose you can't charge an ipod on a computer that's asleep? Even if I had the screen open, the ibook would of eventually went to sleep anyway.

You can adjust the Sleep options via Sys Prefs > Energy Saver - but it'll go to sleep with the screen closed.

If you want to keep others out - you could always switch to the login screen and set the screen to turn off after a few minutes, leaving the lid open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.