Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Disney World

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 104

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Vodafone 4G LTE isn't officially rolled out here in Derby, UK according to their coverage checker but managed to get this today in the city centre.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 104

naim.asyraf.5

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Hello...i'am from Malaysia...I want to ask something about Internet packet data of ur country...can u give a little details about its??? It is cheap or expensive??

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
ah thanks, I was wondering why you posted that now it makes sense

NP

Back in the days before SpeedTest updated their app, each test would burn 5 MB per test on the IP3G-IP4S. Once the IP5 came around, its takes 20x more data to measure high speed networks accurately.

If you switch to HSPA+ it burns about 20 MB

Good old days of speed testing networks for fun is gone

j0sh77

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2014
Post your LTE speeds and location

Something screwy going on. The two slow speeds where from my house, been like that for days now. The next one was from work about 25 miles away. Had my wife try on her phone and it wouldn't even start test

Near Tulsa, OK

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413908066.928012.jpg

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Here's my updated speed test since leaving VZW for ATT. I'm also now on an IP6+

Boston area, not too bad, though I think the prior test had downloads in the Mbps range.
spedtest_20141022.PNG

TigerMSTR

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2014
Foolish, check your user agreements and Wind's Fair Usage Policy on their so-called "unlimited data".

You'll never hit the soft caps of 5GB with those kinds of speeds, even if you do they throttle your speeds to speeds that are unusable like every other soft capped "unlimited data" carriers.

http://www.windmobile.ca/docs/default-source/default-document-library/data-fair-usage-policy

I've hit the soft cap several times before. Its because I stream a lot of music when I'm away from home. But I can bump the soft cap to 10 GB for a few bucks, so it's not a big deal.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I've hit the soft cap several times before. Its because I stream a lot of music when I'm away from home. But I can bump the soft cap to 10 GB for a few bucks, so it's not a big deal.

Are you sure you've hit your soft-cap before? There's a huge diff when a carrier throttles you once you've hit your limits and you would know when it hits you, even when you don't get the SMS alert warnings. In this case, Wind Mobile throttles down to 32 kbps or slower once you've hit the 5GB limit, even coming from 1 Mbps is a huge diff and you would had known about the soft caps before I've stated it.

I've been throttle before on T-Mobile US with their 200 MB LTE and 2G "unlimited data" on their $3.00/ daily prepaid passes in the US. From speeds of 83 Mbps throttled down to even 1 kbps a few times, both the IP5 and IP5s got warm loading all that data at those speeds. I even had to turn off my cellular data to preserve my batt life in NYC.

Technically speaking, that ain't unlimited data when they throttle you to unusable speeds and kill your batt life to honor that gimmicky marketing and especially when you have a AWS network that doesn't even have enough towers to handle such a small amount of subscribers.

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image19.jpg
    image19.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.