Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhaffar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
iphone6_front_camera_zps9214ab78.jpg

How badly misaligned are your front facing iPhone 6 cameras? I try to take good care of my Apple things so I can resell them at a good price but for a new phone I don't think that's acceptable.

Share your pics of your front facing iPhone 6 camera to compare.

I also have flakey wifi, random reboots, and a blotchy screen and the phone is less than a month old. Kind of wishing I kept my 5s.

#iphone6misalignedfrontfacingcameragate

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012

How badly misaligned are your front facing iPhone 6 cameras? I try to take good care of my Apple things so I can resell them at a good price but for a new phone I don't think that's acceptable.

Share your pics of your front facing iPhone 6 camera to compare.

I also have flakey wifi, random reboots, and a blotchy screen and the phone is less than a month old. Kind of wishing I kept my 5s.

#iphone6misalignedfrontfacingcameragate

Lo,l it's not the front facing camera that is not aligned. It's your protective film that is not aligned properly. Camera is fine.

bhaffar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Lo,l it's not the front facing camera that is not aligned. It's your protective film that is not aligned properly. Camera is fine.

Screen protector alignment doesn't matter. I'm not going to be baited into a pissing match. Thanks for the laugh.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
iPhone 6 Front Facing Camera Not Aligned

This is false. I have the same issue with my phone and just got it replaced through apple.

7f218663de4ccd5322fadb6e4a655b9a.jpg

687bb49d8fc519525cb8f14c5bb3c991.jpg

no screen protector.

The replacement I got is flawless.

bhaffar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
May not be affected now, but what about down the line? Besides, why should I accept a misaligned camera on a $749 device?

I agree - these phones are expensive; I myself paid $799 at Best Buy for a no-contract Verizon iPhone 6

BriOS

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Bump. Im on my 5th replacement for this. My last replacement out of the box had this issue, and I had them grab another one.

And half the iphone demo units in the store had the issue too. And even funnier, the idiot at the front that checked me in on my last visit said he couldnt see the defect. Well I asked him if he had a new iphone and he did. Well he whipped it out and guess what....? LOL the silly idiot's own phone had it worse than mine and miraculously he now can see the defect.

What a joke.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Yeah paid 849 for my iPhone 6, I would not be happy if Apple gave me a refurb iPhone 6 to replace it. But I also have a crappy home button I have been looking to get fixed anyway.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
Bump. Im on my 5th replacement for this. My last replacement out of the box had this issue, and I had them grab another one.

And half the iphone demo units in the store had the issue too. And even funnier, the idiot at the front that checked me in on my last visit said he couldnt see the defect. Well I asked him if he had a new iphone and he did. Well he whipped it out and guess what....? LOL the silly idiot's own phone had it worse than mine and miraculously he now can see the defect.

What a joke.

You exchanged 5 phones for this non-issue?

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
My phone has this identical issue.

It doesn't bother me and the camera works ok, but I also care about resale value. I have AppleCare+, though, so I guess I could wait until later to have it replaced.

Stevessvt

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
I agree - these phones are expensive; I myself paid $799 at Best Buy for a no-contract Verizon iPhone 6

Was it in the last 2 weeks? I also bought it from BB but not before having them price match Verizon first. If its with in the 14 day return go get that $50 back

**EDIT**
Nevermind, this is an old thread, way past 14 day return, lol.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.