Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skipunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Hi

after I upgraded to Tiger, my mysql database didn't work. So I removed the install reciept and mysql to itself and downloaded mysql 5. It installs fine, but when I try to start the server, i get this

sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/127.0.0.1.pid
051217 20:44:12 mysqld ended

I have tried changing the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and I still get the same thing. I have changed the permissions on the data folder too, so I am not sure what is wrong, any ideas/solutions?

Thanks

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
skipunk said:
Hi

after I upgraded to Tiger, my mysql database didn't work. So I removed the install reciept and mysql to itself and downloaded mysql 5. It installs fine, but when I try to start the server, i get this

sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/127.0.0.1.pid
051217 20:44:12 mysqld ended

I have tried changing the hostname from 127.0.0.1 to localhost and I still get the same thing. I have changed the permissions on the data folder too, so I am not sure what is wrong, any ideas/solutions?

Thanks

I have MySQL Installed on my iBook (#1 see siggy) and in my System Preferences I have a MySQL Pref. Pane where I can start and stop it. I think it came with MySQL 5 by default, try that if its there otherwise, try repairing permissions all together (Disk Utility). Those are my two ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.