Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Manatee said:
Lately I'm more into dress watches. There are several I'd like to get. I'm only interested in brands that make their own movements, like Lange, Patek, JLC, and such. No more ETA 2892 or Valjoux 7750 for me.

this is why i asked about the rolex and panerai obsession. great watches, but i think overpriced when compared to other's in the price range.

i love my JLC and wouldn't think of parting with it. also consider blancpain- they make some very sporty watches, but with incredibly beautiful piguet movements (that were designed specifically for blancpain).

for watches, i prefer timezone.com

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
This is my current watch that I have had for several years and it has certainly taken a beating over the time that I have had it. The band broke a couple of weeks ago, and I have yet to replace it, so I just carry it around in my pocket. For an $80 watch it has served its purpose.

200px-G-Shock.jpg

My next watch will cost me a bit more.. but no not the most expensive watch in the world. Rather cheap compared to many of the ones the other users have here, at only $350.

gw1200a-1a_a_300x362.jpg

But I like it...

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
Time to drink

I tried to scan mine, but only the numbers around the outside of the face were in focus. Think I'll finally break down and spend some money next year (DigiCam, iPodnano, LCD TV, MacTel, ect.)
I stopped wearing wrist watches years ago. Used to like to wear them 1/3 of the way up my fore arm. I can't find any with a leather band that big anymore. Been carrying pocket watches ever since. That's a bottle opener on the end. I don't drink alcohol, but I do get a lot of use out of it. Need it to open Jarritos when I eat at Anna's at least once a week. I also enjoy a ginger beer on these cold winter nights.:eek:

Attachments

• FossilFob.jpg
    FossilFob.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 304

Kyle Nerder

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2005
Toronto
The best watch ever!

Polar S410 - Heart Rate Monitor

This watch is perfect. Comfy, light and really tech.

The heart rate monitor is downloadable (to PC :( only), but it's great for for what I do. I race cars and looking at your watch while you drive isn't a option. After a session I download it and it graphs out all my info. So tech!

Great for cycling as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.jpg
    IMG_2945.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 7,285

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Skagen 233LSS

Picked this little baby up for my birthday recently. To truly appreciate it, you need to see it from the side - delightfully simple and stunningly slim.

Attachments

• 233LSS_M.JPG.jpg
    233LSS_M.JPG.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7,194

Sammis89

macrumors regular
May 30, 2005
epochblue said:
Picked this little baby up for my birthday recently. To truly appreciate it, you need to see it from the side - delightfully simple and stunningly slim.

My dad has one of those, and i just love "borrowing" it when i need a nice watch that doesnt add 15 pounds to me.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Manatee said:
I've also fallen victim to the current Panerai craze...
I love the Paneria's. My current infatuation is the Harry Winston Opus V. Only $105k ;)

HW_Opus_V_1.jpg

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
just a $130 dollar g-shock (read my review on epinions.com g-shock, g-511) because i also trash watches and i wanted the toughest watch out there that i could find...i didn't care if i had to spend way more, either

of course, i could have got a diver watch from omega, rock solid, but that would have been ridiculous for me, both with my lack of income and lack of social occasions where i would wear such a watch in that $1,000-$20,000 dollar range that they are most famous for, behind only rolex

i know in that range rado makes some really nice looking watches that don't look so utilitarian but still have the full toughness of an omega or rolex dive watch, yet they are thin

i found out that any super tough watch that also is thin and goes well as a dinner watch/formal watch is no less than a grand...it seems like solid movements with all the shock protection and water resistance 200m or above takes a lot of high end swiss technology so i guess that's what really steered me to a much more affordable thick watch...if money were no object, i would want swiss accuracy in a swiss quartz movement or maybe an automatic chronometer, 300m water resistance, shock resistance, and some 18k gold to highlight brushed and polished stainless steel but that's usually over three grand (ie... breitling, omega, jaeger-lecoultre, tutima) and i would probably get a powerbook instead

yeah, and i could get a swatch, and that would be like getting an omega or rado, because swatch owns those two companies, and a dozen or so more luxury companies...but we don't really need to know that ;)

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Here's my Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, got it for my Birthday not even a month ago, but I love it.

Attachments

• CAF2110.BA0809.JPG.jpg
    CAF2110.BA0809.JPG.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 315

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I have a Casio G-Shock 20th Anniversary watch. theres a number for it but I cant remember :) anno/digital is in there somewhere. i love it! my 18th birthday present! extremely tough too. its been everywhere and back with me.

ooo, it would make a good photography subject...

casio_gshock_g-shock_cockpit_G-511D-1AVDR_product.jpg

from some shop site. but mine has a blue back rather than black.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
amacgenius said:
I used to use a Blue Fossil watch, but the crystal top got scratched really bad, so for Christmas my mom bought me this watch:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk...branded-relic-gents-quartz-bracelet-watch.jpg

It is a good thign you are not as picky as me. I had a nice watch i use to were only for church and dress ocassions. Well i liked it so much that now it is my everyday watch.

Mom was just going to go get me one for christmas but decided that i should have a say in picking one out. Well i have been looking for about a wekk now and still have not found that right one.

Damn i really need to be less picky!!!

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
I have a green G-Shock that I've had for the past 10+ years. The thing is indestructable, and it is also BIG... I just love it. :)

For when I need to dress up, I have a fancy Seiko Kinetic Titanium watch. I love the way it looks. :D

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
Musical Fidelity (a hi-fi manufacturer) special edition watch.

3605.jpg

The one with the white dial.

I also have a new Ben Sherman watch.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
The Banks

My girlfriend just gave me "The Banks" watch by Nixon for Christmas. I don't know, or have seen, a person with this watch yet, but I love it. It looks pretty sweet.

Attachments

• nxw164_FULL.jpg
    nxw164_FULL.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 7,478

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
nice watch, ibs23, when you get it...and remember, do not get the thing wet since it's not the best bet for a dive watch ;)

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
I just got this one for christmas. It took me about a week to finally find one that i really liked. I wanted something simple and dressy so i could wear it for church and special ocassions.

Attachments

• 96B75_lg.jpg
    96B75_lg.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 6,893

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
hookahco said:
now that you guys mention it.. im about to buy either a tungsten movado or an aquamaster.. still trying to decide. i absolutely love the bently breitling though..

QUICK!! BID ON MY HOOKAH!

for the general public, rolex, omega, and movado are the known names for prestige watches, but the breitling is probably just as good for less on any comparable watch line

i looked at an air king for 3700. from rolex, omega had a very similar watch for about 2700., but breitling basically had the same thing for less than half that price of the rolex and the breitling was the most attractive and had more functions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.