Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
How do i combine pictures on iPhoto? I have four jpegs, which i want to be on one jpeg. I thought i could do that with Pages, but i don't think i can save the files as jpegs.

any help would be appreciated!!!

-sundance kid

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
You can't combine images in iPhoto. You can do it with Graphic Converter of course.
Suppose you could do it with Pages (arrange images as desired, export to a PDF, then use Preview to convert back to jpeg) but it would be a hassle.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
If you want a quick and dirty way to combine photos for something temporary, you can open the images one at a time in Preview, put the windows next to each other, and take a screenshot. I've done that when neatness didn't count and I was in a hurry.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
croshtique said:
You can't combine images in iPhoto. You can do it with Graphic Converter of course.
Suppose you could do it with Pages (arrange images as desired, export to a PDF, then use Preview to convert back to jpeg) but it would be a hassle.

Ok, how do you do it with graphic converter?

Good idea Doctor Q! But these need to be done well, and they are quite large.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Damnit! How hard can this be? I can't figure out how to do it with Graphic Converter. I can get them all superimposed on eachother, but i don't want that. Any clues?

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2005
-download a trial version of photoshop from adobe.com
-open the 4 images
-take the first one and increase the canvas size (image - canvas size), make sure it will be big enough to fit in all the other three images
-drag and drop the three images to the enlarged first image
-position them
-crop the image and save as jpeg

capiche?:cool:

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Dafke said:
-download a trial version of photoshop from adobe.com
-open the 4 images
-take the first one and increase the canvas size (image - canvas size), make sure it will be big enough to fit in all the other three images
-drag and drop the three images to the enlarged first image
-position them
-crop the image and save as jpeg

capiche?:cool:

I don't want them all on top of eachother. I'd like them in order, one coming after eachother, so i can post it on Deviant Art. Do I have to photoshop? Couldn't i use graph converter? Just i don't know how to!!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I've done this kind of stuff in PowerPoint, just like the screenshot approach you don't get the best resolution this way, but you have full control on position and size... I presume Keynote would work too.

EDIT:
Sundance Kid said:
I'd like them in order, one coming after eachother, so i can post it on Deviant Art.
Now I'm confused. Do you mean some kind of slideshow or an array of pictures side by side? My approach goes side by side.

B

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Ok i finally managed to do it. After many trial and errors, and frequent irritation this is how I did it.

copied images to pages
arranged them
saved as pdf, opened in Preview
selected, and copied to Graphic Converter
saved as jpeg

voila!

omg. My head hurts.

oh yeah! thanks for your help guys!

oxymoronica

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
I'm still looking for a solution to this problem :( Somebody needs to create a (free) program like Photoscape for Mac :(

Marsil

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.