Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
the download time is 3 hrs plus.. i have dsl... and this is for the 247 meg one.... its like 21k/sec... thats slow

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
john159 said:
the download time is 3 hrs plus.. i have dsl... and this is for the 247 meg one.... its like 21k/sec... thats slow
Um...it's FREE? If you want fast and free maybe Bit Torrent?

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
StealthRider said:
It's public domain. It has to be free. 21k/sec on a connection that regularly gets over 800 is abysmal.
No, it's public domain, so it can be free. They still sell this! (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=pd_bbs_1/002-4633290-9073611?v=glance&s=dvd).

The only difference is that since it's public domain, I can legally copy it and give it to a friend, or use it in an add, or even repackage it and sell it myself. The site could very well charge a membership for bandwidth usage. I'm getting 50 KB/sec over a wireless connection, and it's simply clicking on an HTTP link. I'm getting my money's worth.

maddav

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2004
Manchester, UK
Odd, I downloaded "Nosferatu" last night and am currently downloading "Night of The Living Dead", both at around 220 KB/s, from a 2Mbit connection, and that's wireless on my ibook, not bad if you ask me!

turtlemh

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2005
the only problem I have with this site is their cartoons. I downloaded some bugs bunny cartoons and my right ear phone keeps popping.. Any ideas how to get rid of this its annoying me. Its not the headphones either. :D

ignus graius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
turtlemh said:
the only problem I have with this site is their cartoons. I downloaded some bugs bunny cartoons and my right ear phone keeps popping.. Any ideas how to get rid of this its annoying me. Its not the headphones either. :D
That might involve some work...are you okay with just listening with the left headphone?

If it were me, I'd take the left channel and make it an uncompressed mono track, and then use QuickTime Pro to do a pass through with the video, but encode the audio as a mono track. It would probably take 10-15 minutes per video, though.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
john159 said:
Im getting about 375 avg. on my download for that file, you myst have a bad connection or be located far away from the server.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Night good but Dawn great

Night Of The Living Dead may have started the zombie genre but it was the sequel Dawn Of The Dead that established it for good. In it survivors take over an abandoned shopping mall that has to be cleared of zombies and later a bikie gang. Essential viewing for anyone concerned about a zombie apocalypse.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Speaks for itself.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.