Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Here are some quick pics of this glass on a 6(4.7). Notice that the install is straight and fairly well centered but I still have lift on the lower left. I have a feeling this is because (from what I've heard) all iphone curved glass has a variance and maybe the curve of my lower left screen curves in a little more than the rest of the screen. BTW I use a bumper that I took off just for the pics so the screen is fairly protected.

Also note that the cutout for the proximity sensor is chipped. This glass was install last night and I used the phone in my pocket when I walked the dog this morning. I didn't notice the chip until I was taking the pics so maybe it came that way but I doubt it. I don't have high hopes for durability.

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Interesting. Just ordered this for my 6+. First time ever I'll be using a glass screen protector. Will update once I get it and post pics.

I noticed that it has to be perfectly centered. Anyone have tips to getting the install right?

Zestar

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2014
I've been a big fan of MIME in the past. I only have a plastic screen protector on my 6 at the moment, but comparing my phone with your picture, it seems like MIME is lacking some potential coverage vertically, because my Spigen Crystal screen protector reaches the very bottom of the home button and the top third of the ambient light sensor without any edge lifting. Horizontal coverage seems to be the same, which is a shame, but it's unavoidable, I guess. On the plus side, those are very clean cutouts compared to ones that I've seen.

MIME would probably be my go-to glass screen protector if I were to purchase one right now!

Thanks for the pic!

Does the Spigen Crystal cover the illuminated screen or does it come up slightly short? Do you have a picture? Thanks.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Does the Spigen Crystal cover the illuminated screen or does it come up slightly short? Do you have a picture? Thanks.

Yes. If you look at the phone straight on, it is completely covered but only barely. But if you look from the side at an angle, you can see some uncovered light, but that is not surprising. I don't have a pic.

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Is the only difference between the Ghost and Feather the thickness?

Are there any cons if the front camera is covered by the glass?

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Finally got my MIME for the iPhone 6+. Installed it best as I can, but the curves at the edges are still some what of an issue. I it as thin as they advertise it (pics don't do it much justice). Looks great on the device, but the coating is lacking, or doesn't feel as if there is much. I have a GLAZZ glass protector on my Air, and you can tell there is coating there.

Overall nice product. Just get the alignment right. It is as thin as they say. Don't expect much oleophobic coating.

Pics attached. Taken from 1st gen iPad Air please excuse the quality of the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    715.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    681.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 251

BenDo

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Finally got my MIME for the iPhone 6+. Installed it best as I can, but the curves at the edges are still some what of an issue. I it as thin as they advertise it (pics don't do it much justice). Looks great on the device, but the coating is lacking, or doesn't feel as if there is much. I have a GLAZZ glass protector on my Air, and you can tell there is coating there.

Overall nice product. Just get the alignment right. It is as thin as they say. Don't expect much oleophobic coating.

Pics attached. Taken from 1st gen iPad Air please excuse the quality of the pics.

Looks good ! what case are you using btw?

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005

In light of the minimal oleophobic coating, how hard is it to clean off the fingerprints?

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Update.

Edge lift where it didn't adhere all the way in my pics are finally gone. Constant pressing down helped.

Will provide new pics soon.

lukaskt

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Update.

Edge lift where it didn't adhere all the way in my pics are finally gone. Constant pressing down helped.

Will provide new pics soon.

Hi there,

Could you post some pics without the edge lift and describe how the thickness of the protector works with the apple case? Like, is it thicker than the edge protection of the leather case?

Also, do you have any tips on how you lined up your screen protector?

Thank you so much

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Feather+ for 6+ arrived yesterday - the top and bottom have no edge lifting but the left and right sides do - it's about 1.5mm both sides. Pretty disappointing considering the cost inc. shipping to Australia.

To top it off, I've just noticed the right edge has a chip in it, quite sharp.

Giving up on protectors until something better is released..

greatness

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2014
Feather+ for 6+ arrived yesterday - the top and bottom have no edge lifting but the left and right sides do - it's about 1.5mm both sides. Pretty disappointing considering the cost inc. shipping to Australia.

To top it off, I've just noticed the right edge has a chip in it, quite sharp.

Giving up on protectors until something better is released..

Sorry to hear- the guys at MIME are top notch in customer service. Maybe you can send them pictures and ask for a replacement glass protector? With the iPhone 5 they used to include a plastic protector to use while waiting for the replacement to arrive but that no longer seems to be the case.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Sorry to hear- the guys at MIME are top notch in customer service. Maybe you can send them pictures and ask for a replacement glass protector? With the iPhone 5 they used to include a plastic protector to use while waiting for the replacement to arrive but that no longer seems to be the case.

Will give it a try, thanks for the reply :)

lukaskt

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
tips on applying protector?

hi guys, just wondering if any of you had any tips on applying protector?

Looking to get the best install possible on the first go. Should i align the speaker hole first, or make sure the curve around the home button is completely equi-distant before aligning the speaker hole?

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
PIC: MIME USA Feather+ Glass

My Feather+ started to crack near the home button so I decided to buy a cheap glass protector on Ebay. I have ordered the following http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corning-Gor...een-Protector-iPhone-6-Plus-5s-/301394691058?

Surprisingly it is the EXACT same cut as the MIME with the same thickness. The main difference I have found is that the rounded edges around the home button are smoother which is an advantage over the MIME. Lastly, it is cheaper! Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll see how it lasts over time. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416677103.534321.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416677118.167098.jpg

Just so you see how the cuts are exactly the same :

Feather+ aligned over the Ebay protector

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416677584.349359.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416677531.948777.jpg

Last edited:

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
My Feather+ started to crack near the home button so I decided to buy a cheap glass protector on Ebay. I have ordered the following http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corning-Gor...een-Protector-iPhone-6-Plus-5s-/301394691058?

Surprisingly it is the EXACT same cut as the MIME with the same thickness. The main difference I have found is that the rounded edges around the home button are smoother which is an advantage over the MIME. Lastly, it is cheaper! Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll see how it lasts over time. :)

View attachment 515467

View attachment 515468

View attachment 515471

View attachment 515470

How's the oleophobic coating on the ebay one?

auser1

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008

View attachment 515467

View attachment 515468

View attachment 515471

View attachment 515470

what is the black case you have on our phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.