Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
i was just wondering what everyones taste was. if you have an iphone and could or want to get an ipad or ipad mini, woudl u get the same color to match or contrast it.

thanks!

buysp

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2013
Sydney, Australia
The Wifey has a white iPad2 and a white iPhone4.
I have a black iPad3 and a white iPhone4.
We are up for upgrades this year so i will allign my next phone with the black
iPad.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I wouldn't colour-match them specifically per-se, but I have always had a thing for white, so both my iphone and ipad are white. :)

nebrot

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
北京 (Beijing)
It depends on the materials used, I have a black 4S (and love it), but chosen a white iPad mini due to the fact that the black it is anodized aluminum. I consider to upgrade to iPhone 5S, would then choose white if it still uses anodized aluminum. I bought the new iPod nano recently, in silver, based on the same fact as well. I would love to see a black front (covered under the touch-glass in combination with a silver back.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I would choose black for both. Not because I want them to match, but because I prefer black devices rather than white.

Last edited:

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Absolutely. Unless there was no way I could get a white iPad Mini, then I would get the black. Otherwise, I would certainly want to have my iPad Mini match my white iPhone 5.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I'm always on the fence about "matching" devices.

Alas, I have an iPhone 5 in white/silver and black on black iPad Mini.

Initially I thought about getting the white/silver iPad Mini to match the iPhone, but I don't use them together so matching didn't seem necessary. Plus the black on black iPad Mini just looks awesome IMHO.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
Black iPhone 5 and Black iPad mini.

It has nothing to do with color matching, only that I like black devices.

geoluv

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2013
IMO no one should get a white idevice. The sliver of white plastic between the glass and the bezzel on the white iPhone 4's and 4s' can get yellowed and dirty over time. And no one should get a white I pad because when you are watching a video in low light it can glair a little.

IMO black looks more sleek and sexy but i am also a fan of case modding my out of warranty Idevices. The color changing logo mod on the 4/4s looks better on black. The clear housings for the 3's were sick. Apple should do limited edition colors like candy red or carbon fiber or raw titanium.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
This is tough. I'm looking into getting an iPad mini to share with my sister but I never considered that I have a black iPhone and she has a white iPhone. I might just get black to match our other iPads.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
i have a black iphone and went with white ipad mini. my daughter has the white iphone 5 and honestly speaking, i like it better. i went thru this so many times and went to Apple store to check out the black and white ipad mini. and i keep on coming back to white mini.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I have a black iphone and a white Ipad 2 which im considered changing to white Ipad mini.

My black iphone though, i should have gotten a white one because dust aren't so visible if you hold a white one and using a white silicon case. For black, it just get really annoy and i ended up with a bumper type case to get rid of such problem.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
I love the look of the black/slate, but I have chosen all white. I like how much cleaner it looks even when dirty. The black models get all greasy quickly.

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
I had white silver iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 5 and 5s, but desired to go with SG iPhone 6. Somehow to me, the white didn't look as good on the 6 as it did on the 5/5s.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Would you color match your ipad with your iphone? (ie. black iphone with blac...

Gold 6+, gold air 2. But I liked the gold of my 5s better so I opted for cases this time. Olive brown cases for both phone and iPad.

Thing is they appear to be different, the iPad case is much lighter in color!

Either that or my phone case has darkened quite a bit.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
old thread...but ive never cared to match, just had a black ipad 4 amd white iphone and switched the black iphone 6 and white ipad air 2. dont matter to me

TomTomHatesCats

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
New York, NY
Technically, I have a matching silver/white iPad and iPhone pair. Unfortunately, the Apple leather cases don't come in the same shade of brown, so they end up not matching at all.

----------

...and its only now that I realize I'm responding to a year old thread by a banned poster :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.