Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Pretty much expected iLife would get an update. Good catch, cub reporter. <--- shamelessly taken from BV

Here's to the Crazy Ones

richard_uk

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2003
London, UK
Suspicious... the Google cache version says iLife 05, so this hasn't always been there:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:pyT36dhl5swJ:www.apple.com/support/garageband/podcasts/+&hl=en

Also, have a look at:

http://www.apple.com/support/garageband/podcasts/recording.html

It renders strangely for me (no CSS?) and then has this text, which is different to the main iLife support pages:

iLife Community Discussions

Our discussion boards are filled with Mac experts. Ask a question, answer a question or simply read what other users have to say.

iWeb
iPhoto
iMovie
iDVD
GarageBand
iTunes

iWeb???

Richard

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
"We're sorry, Apple Discussions are temporarily unavailable. We're busy firing the HELL out of someone for posting mention of iWeb before its time. Oh hell! Now I did it too! Stay tuned for a link to my resume!"

Anyway, iWeb sounds a might bit interesting. Lets hope its more than some .Mac attachment.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
God, I hope Steve Jobs doesn't demonstrate iWeb the way he did with iTools. BORING! Perchance, what could it be? Perhaps a new Apple-designed blogging tool for .Mac users?

Here's to the Crazy Ones

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
strange.. normally spottings of an ilife 06 would be a mistake, but the iweb is incredibly odd.. who knows?

Lacero said:
God, I hope Steve Jobs doesn't demonstrate iWeb the way he did with iTools. BORING! Perchance, what could it be? Perhaps a new Apple-designed blogging tool for .Mac users?

Here's to the Crazy Ones
or maybe a subscription service.. to something like itools.. i hope they aren't trying to compete with google..

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
I guess no one will be surprised when SJ announces iLife 06 next Tuesday. However, it's un-Apple-like to confirm an announced product like that.:)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Remember HomePage in the OS X Public Beta? It was a nifty WYSIWYG app which never made it into 10.0! Who knows? An Adobe-Macromedia Dreamweaver beater!?

Here's the CSS bad page for people to see:

Attachments

• ilife6.jpg
    ilife6.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 5,695

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
SpaceMagic said:
Remember HomePage in the OS X Public Beta? It was a nifty WYSIWYG app which never made it into 10.0! Who knows? An Adobe-Macromedia Dreamweaver beater!?
nahhh it will be a easy app like rapidweaver -

more templates more movie options blogs and podcasts and more group site templates

arrr i love it when apple slips up on there website :cool:

emutree

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2005
Canada
Weird though - I definitely would've poised it as an iWork component. And as having a lot better of a name than iWeb (seriously - maybe the dude that used to be responsible for naming stuff quit: recently we've gotten Bonjour and iWeb??). I'm excited for it nevertheless, although I feel bad for the Karelia guys - they've been working on their Sandvox app since last summer and have kept delaying it, and now that they're bringing it out at the end of January it'll come out just in time to be trampled by Apple.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
I have an odd feeling that iWeb is a "Front Page" type application. Nothing complicated, just simple web creation. With that being said, it wouldnt suprise me if it ONLY worked with .Mac, but I thnk that would be stupid.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
emutree said:
Weird though - I definitely would've poised it as an iWork component. And as having a lot better of a name than iWeb (seriously - maybe the dude that used to be responsible for naming stuff quit: recently we've gotten Bonjour and iWeb??). I'm excited for it nevertheless, although I feel bad for the Karelia guys - they've been working on their Sandvox app since last summer and have kept delaying it, and now that they're bringing it out at the end of January it'll come out just in time to be trampled by Apple.

Yeh! Names like: Final Cut Pro were great.. Final Cut Express was ok, but now the rumoured, Final Cut Extreme! Haha! Any more adjectives?

iWeb - I'm thinking a Freeway type app. One which really allows easy easy layout. Perhaps they were perfecting iWork (as its HTML output is awful) and thought.. hey! this would make a great app. So they've rolled out an iWork for Webpages rather than documents.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
SpaceMagic said:
Yeh! Names like: Final Cut Pro were great.. Final Cut Express was ok, but now the rumoured, Final Cut Extreme! Haha! Any more adjectives?

Final Cut XTREEM!!1!

Oooo.. I hope iWeb is more than a .mac attachment. I don't do .mac, but I would LOVE to upgrade to iLife '06. iPhoto is getting on my last nerve... :mad:

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
They should just call it iWant.

iWeb could be anything from a webpage designer to some cool online sharing utility. Hmmm could Apple be rolling out a P2P app?!?! Naa.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
GFLPraxis said:
An Apple easy website creator, perhaps? Sweet. :)

i reckon too.

Imagine a simple apple app that would enable even the most illiterate webpage creators to make their own site.

Definatly a gap in ilife for that.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
I did a google search of Apples website, I came up with this...
http://lists.apple.com/archives/Web-dev/2004/Nov/msg00130.html

Finally, some thoughts on the future:
The next big thing for the average computer user could well be putting all his "stuff" on the web, so he can share it with friends & family-- music, pictures, video, thoughts, family trees, etc. Let's call this iWeb. Apple has a good start with this with its .Mac offering. But many users will want to go beyond the canned capabilities of .Mac -- maybe even run a small home business on the web.
What is needed is a set of programs that do the basic iWeb functions. These must be written in a language that is easy to read/learn/understand/modify by non-programmers.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Ashapalan said:
i reckon too.

Imagine a simple apple app that would enable even the most illiterate webpage creators to make their own site.

Definatly a gap in ilife for that.

Ugh.. but do we really want them to be able to create websites? :p

(I KEED, I KEED! I'm one of them.)

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
And the madness begins! :D

Anyway, it has to be Apple version of a Web site creator. They already tackled this somewhat with .mac, giving users the ability to show off their photos easily from within iPhoto. I look forward to the results! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.