Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joelburman

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Runner: Thanks! What do you think of the price though is 320 USD ok or very expensive for a 4GB konfiguration of the 2010 model?

Runnernorth

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Denmark
Well, two things, the price tag varies from country to country, but here in DK it seems to be a fair price, around 2000kr, maybe you can get a little discount, try to offer a little less than 360usd. Second, Macs tends to "hold the value" over years, compared to a windows pc it's more worth when it's sold as used. Hope this helps you a bit

Joelburman

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Runner: Thanks! I'm currently the top bid for such a configuration with 2025 SEK in an auction. Hopefully it won't go super much higher than that...

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
I run a 2010 on my 46", it's so good it pushes 99% of the content. SSD is amazing, especially with FFW speeds from Movist. Don't use the DVD often but it can be blueray upgraded. Price looks great and it's more than fast enough for 1080p.

Just make sure to turn on HiDPI so you can see the interface elements from your sofa. Display Menu from the App Store makes this easy. And share your content folder over the network so files can be played on idevices (nPlayer).

Joelburman

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Electron: Wow I wasn't aware of the BD-upgrade? You have a link for that??? That would be truly awesome if I could get my hands on. Thanks!!!:)

Joelburman

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Electron: Thanks! Oh... still might be an option for me would be nice to have everything in one box. Just need to wait and see if tis one is compatible with Yosemite.

Runnernorth

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2011
Denmark
If you buy OS X Server for £15, is that more beneficial than Plex or other alternatives to keep things simple?

Don't know OS X server that much, but does it contain a media center/player( don't think so)or would you have to use the OS X integrated player?/ what's your needs, what purpose?

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
If you buy OS X Server for £15, is that more beneficial than Plex or other alternatives to keep things simple?

OS X Server will do nothing for you as far as as a media server or media center is concerned. OS X has the built-in iTunes server, OS X server is not necessary. Plex server can be installed without OS X server and has the advantage that media does not have to be in iTunes (useful since Plex supports many more formats than iTunes) and there is no 5 computer limit.

OS X Server does do many other things. See http://www.apple.com/osx/server/ but it does take effort to set up and maintain (it doesn't follow Apple's "It just works" mantra).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.